Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mako (and Togo?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to the nature of Mako - being a weaker armored battleship with weaker powercore then his counterparts in Omicrons, except for Osiris, it's often forced to fight heavier vessels by turning their back to them.

Currently, Mako has 4 primaries. 2 of them shoot forward and backward, and 2 of them shoot only forward and sideways. That's counterbalanced by 2 heavy slots, that are able to shoot both backward and forward.
But that also means Mako has no other choice but to install anti-battleship weaponry on it's heavy slots (Cerberus or mortars). Otherwise damage output of 2 BS primaries is just too low.

Maybe, it would be possible and reasonable to exchange position of forward/sideways firing primaries with it's forward/backward firing heavies? It would allow that battleship to do something else then to shoot mortars/cerberus at heavier vessels.

Another option might be giving it 2 heavy and 4 medium slots that are capable of firing forward, out of which only 1 heavy and 3 medium slots will be capable of firing backwards. It'd still increase it's DpS by 50% in rearshooting mode when not using mortars/cerberus, but would still allow it to use mortar (Since I guess there're many people that prefer to use mortar as a primary weapon in "run&kite" battle)

(Also, i've heard Togo was designed the same way?)

P.S. As for AA role, with obligatory anti-nova/missile 360 degree flaks (2 of them, due to Mako arcs. No single lvl8 slot has full coverage) it has just 2 lvl8 slots firing sideways, but looking at Osiris and other very light battleships (with exception of LibDread, where small amount and bad arcs of lvl8 counter-balance it's exceptional BS-killing capabilities), I guess that can't be helped.