Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Little tip for lawfuls and pirates alike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, there you are on patrol, and a trader shows up on your scanners.

Press Enter
Type "Trader 'LongNameWithStupidSigns", this is Police Canoe 'Donut', heave to for a contra...
Darn, he already passed.

Very well, take a look at http://www.autohotkey.com/ , which I use for a lot of stuff. One thing is very interesting to Disco - auto-replace.

See, when I fly the Tachikaze, I have a script loaded, that among other things contain this row:

Code:
::ht!::, this is the KSP Gunboat Tachikaze. Heave to for contraband scan.

So, when I see that trader, I
Press enter
Write "LongNameWithStupidSignsht! "
Press enter

What the trader sees, is
"LongNameWithStupidSigns, this is the KSP Gunboat Tachikaze. Heave to for contraband scan."

Of course, you need a couple of variations to make it interesting, but it can really allow you to get something more out than "STOP" "HALT" "Not you, him!" etc. Also, you _may_ have to read the help. Life is tough.

/w

ps. also, join the KSP
Even though this is very interesting indeed, I believe any "macroing" was deemed cheating some time ago, since you can macro the ship's controls. I didn't want to be the spoil, but I had to bring it up.
not sure, but didn't found anything about macro in the rules. The closest thing would be "any software that modify normal gameplay"... but, it doesn't really modify gameplay, does it?
Well if its not unconsidered cheating it would help police on their patrols.
AND pirate would greatly benefit from it... it is very hard to write down your story when the guy in front of you tries to run away
hmmm, this is a little bit wafty in terms of its legality, but it would be useful... Wait for an admin to coment.
This, and other macros, have been deemed to be a form of "hacking" and/or "cheating" by the admin team. Stand by while I find the quote please.

A HA!

' Wrote: Ok stupid, but that doesn't change the rules. They are not allowed, end of story. Hoodlum
nope, didn't change a word.

Ah, a bit clearer quote:
' Wrote:Another trial by forum thread ? Not on my watch ladies and gents ... I can see where this came from and where
it is going. I'm not happy with why it started in the first place.
Now the rules are most definitely quite clear on the use of the Macro ... Damn well don't.
Any other methods using your weapons groups, and lets be fair, we have some very inventive and enterprising
players here, should be ok, AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT INVOLVE USING ANYTHING ELSE.
And on that note, say goodnight Irene ...

Hoodlum
Does that mean no using it? I would love to be able to do that, instead of "Stop! Snuggler! Hey! You! <insert name here>! Ah, fooey...." As he hits a tradelane.
' Wrote:Does that mean no using it? I would love to be able to do that, instead of "Stop! Snuggler! Hey! You! <insert name here>! Ah, fooey...." As he hits a tradelane.

That means clearly and unambiguously no using macro programs of any kind.

:( Too bad. would've been nice for the pirates and cops.
Pages: 1 2