Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Connecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lol! I tired to join this forum to ask this question, and I found out I joined last june.....

Eitherway, my roommate re-installed freelancer, and its been calling me......only....I can't seem to get it to work online....

I go into the multiplayer area as usual, and its says its loading, but nothing ever loads.....I've tried filtering out everything but the "hide servers I haven't visited" option......and lets be honest, that's counterproductive

Anyone have any clue? We got the Mod Manager installed, my friend was playing single player earlier, so we know it works....but....I wanna play online.....
' Wrote:Lol! I tired to join this forum to ask this question, and I found out I joined last june.....

Eitherway, my roommate re-installed freelancer, and its been calling me......only....I can't seem to get it to work online....

I go into the multiplayer area as usual, and its says its loading, but nothing ever loads.....I've tried filtering out everything but the "hide servers I haven't visited" option......and lets be honest, that's counterproductive

Anyone have any clue? We got the Mod Manager installed, my friend was playing single player earlier, so we know it works....but....I wanna play online.....

i too have this same problem
You tired joining this forum and found out you joined 10 months ago? Glad to see I'm not alone....
The Global Server is down. Easiest way is to use the <strike>"Discovery RP Server 24/7" shortcut in the Discovery Mod folder. </strike>

How to Connect to the Server:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=

OR use fldirectip.exe (in the Freelancer folder, program files). Type in 82.113.48.5 in the first box, then 2302 in the second.

Or a global server work-around : I'll get a link.
Awesome man- thanks, although I've tired the connect in the server area Here, and it tells me Firefox ain't no good?
done that but flmm is not making my fl copy go into v 4.83 from v1 so i cant connect using lan or internet
guess i need version 4.84 as apposed to v8.43 can some1 please clear thjis up for me. thanks;)
Madwaa, we are up to 4.84 now. Go to discoveryfl.com and download the latest version: it's tons better! Plus you can play on the servers.

Jiperly, I don't use that function. I would suggest using the discovery Shortcuts in the mod folder (send to desktop). They work a lot faster, and are probably more reliable.
Heh.....I was about to have the exact same problem....thanx for the warning madwaa....
Well, a late welcome to both of you, I guess.

I sent the "discovery rp server" shortcut to the desktop. You may need to edit the "Start In" and "Destination" lines if you installed to a directory other than "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer"