Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, my name is Rhune, and this is my introduction.

A couple of days ago I was browsing through some mods for Freelancer (I just recently reinstalled it and started playing again) and i stumbled on this one. Impressed by the additions, I promptly downloaded it, installed it and came here to lurk for abit and learn what I could before I actually venture out into either of the servers.

I wanted to make sure I fully understood the rules before I logged on, as to not make a fool of myself and get into trouble on my first outting.

So a little about me, I'm a fairly avid gamer, though I tend to play more console games because I don't have to worry about system requirements to play a new game. I'm also an avid fan of all things Mech oriented and heavy into sci-fi like Stargate SG-1 and Star Wars (whoever had the idea to add the Moldy Crow to this mod is my hero) and I'm also a Transformers nut. I'm looking forward to becoming a member of this community and I hope to make some new friends.

Good luck out there.

Rhune
Hello, welcome to a role play server.
Beware of the communist penguins around... yeah.
Greetings and enjoy the mod.
Welcome! Enjoy yourself, read the rules, now, go read them, seriously.

If they haven't already (and the usual suspects have not) there should be some fellas knocking on the door to offer you useful links and strange offers of employment, click the links ignore the plugs, unless they are for Zapp's stories. The only faction you'll ever need to join is the Democratic Peoples Of Liberty. If that doesn't float your boat, however there's a couple of other links in my sig.

Watch out for the unholy lord of processed meat though, Etaphreven. Not to be confused, of course, with the King of Flood, who will announce himself in his own sweet time.

Oh and the crow looks pretty, actually it looks ghetto as hell, but it's huuuuuuuge and eats mines and other such explosive goodness, not a bad ship, not a great one. I fly one....
Welcome to Discovery!

As one of Del's usual suspects, I feel obligated to start the link-action, heh!
Since you seemingly already had a nice read of the rules, I will - as always - point at Xoria's Most Useful Thread for Disco Rookies.

Fly safe, don't anger the Hot Dogs (they're holy for some out here) and fasten your seatbelt!
Unlike those that have gone before, I'm not going to plug! Welocme to our little corner of insanity. It's fun here.
Welcome to the online <strike>psych ward for the terminally insane</strike> party that is disco!

Since you've been warned about the commie penguins, tip 1) is needed, always keep a bottle of vodka handy, those commie penguins can't resist it cos it's damn cold out there in space.

Hot dogs are indeed sacred to the [TAZ] and probably anyone else with a spinning gold thingies *points down* in their sig (but you can trash the hot dog buns as much as you like).
Aaah, Etaphraven...we call him Mini-Mike or Jane, just so you know. Yes, he is a Spam Lord, but I am The King (of Flood) so people answer to ME in this this Flood. My spam is intellectual. His is not.

Anyways, welcome to the party, mate! Watch out for those dastardly communist penguins, but additionally the cannibals, Turkish and Blunt. They, obviously, bite.

EDIT: Oh, and what is that picture you've got for an avatar? It looks awfully familiar, but I'm not sure from where or what it is...
Welcome to Discovery

I'm sure you are going to love it here :)

--- fox
OK, this is Zapp, King of Welcome-thread-link-spammage. Because I just point at ma sig, which is full o' 'em.

First: READ MY STORIES! They're good, I swear. I have good grammar.

Second: JOIN THE BLS! We are the best cardamine smugglers around, and if you want to smuggle cardamine, you either join us -- or pay!

Third: JOIN THE LPI! Liberty Police: enforcin' "Da Law".

FOURTH and most important... : click every link you see in my sig! You'll win a prize!
Hello, and welcome to Discovery. I too have just recently joined and in my short time here I have learned that people are happy to see new faces and are more than willing to help with information, advice, links, etc. So don't be afraid to be social out there. Do read the rules as ignorance is the bane of any new comer and not an excuse. So be sure to avail yourself of the many resources available to you on this forum and in game. Remember that when you suppose you are being "abused" or "harassed" by a player in the midst of rp. This is a roleplay server first and foremost. Again, welcome and above all else... don't forget to have fun!

See you in the Black,

Kyte.
Pages: 1 2