Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The new BLS agenda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:New goals under the new Grand Master include the interdiction of hostile cardamine shipments. Not only does he want all of Sirius to be enlightened by cardamine, but he wants to be the one who controls all of it. Currently, the Blue Lotus Syndicate owns roughly twenty percent of Maltas cardamine plantations, the largest piece of the pie held by any one organization or individual. Thus, they supply their own ships, refusing to sell to the independent transporters; cutting out the middleman to maximize profits. By vigorously attacking said transporters, the Blue Lotus Syndicates goal is to run them off or recruit them to their own banner, thus running the other cardamine plantations dry and prime for being snapped up.

This has brought the Blue Lotus Syndicate into direct conflict with several other, smaller yet still sizable, cartels. Other groups are also allowed to trade cardamine, on the condition that they buy only from the Blue Lotus Syndicates fields.

Yes, and we're getting mixed results at trying to dominate the Cardamine trade. One guy said it was very good RP (ooRP-tagged private chat) who happily paid, and said he'd think about joining (as we give them the option of joining or paying). Another person already has joined. And I've been threatened with reporting for 'attacking my own people'.

What do you think of this bold move? Trying to literally dominate the cardamine trade, through overt brute force if necessary? Do you consider it 'ooRP attacking my own people'?

Oh, and that is something I want to ask of the admins -- he was an OC tagged/ID'd Pirate Transport. Would that be OK, seeing as he was carrying Cardamine? He kept saying there was a rule against it, and if so, which one is it? I looked and didn't see it.
I reckon it's a logical step to take, the BLS has established themselves as the number one supplier of cardamine in Sirius, it's only logical to make themselves the only cardamine supplier in Sirius. Force and coercion are the two main weapons for this purpose and I can see you're using them already. More power to you.
It looks great, makes perfect sense.
Hehe, I can't wait to see what Eppy does when you try to stop the CashCow:lol:
well i agree attacking cardi traders but i dont think you should enforce this in alpha.... just dont think it makes sense in doing it right on your doorstep (a place where they probably dock and buy it from you on the planet anyway)

anywhere else im perfectly fine with but alpha i think should be restricted outcasts don't tax much never mind right on they're home turf where it doesn't need to be done.

just my personal belief
//I think i have made my dislike for this known in a previous thread. Unless you start a drug war with the other Outcasts factions to actually take over the Cardamine trade it think this is bad. Should you have said war and win then I think this is good RP. Otherwise it seems like just a way to increase your factions numbers through force.
OK, after talking with people, I've decided to add this sentence to the end of the last paragraph quoted above:

Quote:Also, due to wanting to keep cordial relations with the Reapers of Sirius, they have agreed to keep such activities out of Omicron Alpha.

So, basically, you're now safe if you have cardamine in Alpha, but not anywhere else.
Nooooo! I want cardamine wars similar to 1980s Miami! How can I make a Tubbs character if there's no war?
fine by me, i just dont think it makes sense to do it in alpha... its like kicking your boys on the nuts persay and would in essence hurt the economy there. cause lets face it if we have someone enforcing in alpha all the time, when you indeed get larger. itl be the equivelant of lsf camping NY 24/7 and you seen how much that decreased people running it there.
' Wrote:itl be the equivelant of lsf camping NY 24/7 and you seen how much that decreased people running it there.
we are trying to get rid of that.

good job on the Agenda Zapp, just one question, how would an independent cardi smuggler get on a "do not shoot on sight list" short of joining the BLS (already in enough factions, and a BLS tagged smuggler would attract Lawfuls like a magnet)
Actually Vape, it doesn't. We move cardamine quite well, as we know how to not get caught. It's all a matter of... I'll tell you in a PM. Don't wanna spoil it.

Anyways, many people have been asking that, and so far all I have to say is we're allowing business relations with other factions, such as the IND and trader factions, as well as leaving the RoS smugglers alone. However, I'm considering how to go about having independent smugglers put on said "do not shoot" list. I'll get back to you on that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4