Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Docking Denial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings there.

I realised that Hessians cannot dock IMG bases. If you try to do so you'll get an automated message like this:
[Image: dockingdenial2j3e9fkz7p.png]

How comes we cannot dock our allies bases, but are well able to dock on Outcast bases (those are our sworn enemies after they betrayed us)... most Hessians are even full-green-repped to Outcasts since we've got common enemies and there is no rephack (also there are few Outcasts to shoot in the omegas to adjust the rep).

I understand that you don't want to see indy Hessians staging their piracy-raids from IMG Bases or docking on those if they flee from the Military, but can't those just be FR5ed if caught when doing this?

Denying all Hessians to dock on IMG bases kind of screws my Hessian Smuggler, since he is am not able to supply one of our allies any more.

Regards,
Talesin
It depends on your reputation with the faction. You can't dock with the base if your reputation is too unfriendly, even if it is white. I don't know the exact numbers though.
Yes, the problem is that Hessian IDs are rephacked to red-neutral with their IMG allies (though there is no rephack to their Outcast enemies).

Regards,
Talesin
Yes, the problem is that Hessian IDs are rephacked to red-neutral with their IMG allies (though there is no rephack to their Outcast enemies).

Regards,
Talesin
This rephack was set due to a few people repeatedly using Freistadt to launch raids out of on all miners in O7. It created so much work for the admins (in player Q_Q and FR5s from our end) that this rephack was put in place to make using Freistadt impossible for Hessians. Personally, I think a more elegant idea would be a rephack to full neutral both ways, and add an ALG component to the resource sattelite behind Freistadt. The empathy would kick Frei hostile as soon as a Hessian player approaches.

As for missing rephacks, that's a step I'm still going to have to do. Right now my focus is on solving the nova-to-transport-doesn't-hit issue, so I can't give you an ETA.
You can trade outside of bases? Professional smugglers would do that anyway. They stay back and don't dock with stations, letting people know they were there.:P
Thanks alot for the fast reply.

I was aware of the Freistadt-complication, but yea, i thought a full docking denial on all bases would be a little harsh.
That ALG-Sattelite-Idea sounds good, is there a specific reason why the team decided in favor of a red-neutral rephack?

Regards,
Talesin

Edit:
' Wrote:You can trade outside of bases? Professional smugglers would do that anyway. They stay back and don't dock with stations, letting people know they were there.:P

You got to admit that that it would be really really complicated to skype some IMG everytime you want to unload some mining machineries or stuff like that ye.