Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sniper Elite,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got this game today, its like a sniper simulation in ww2, with a really cool story line.. its an older game ( 2005) graphics aren't super duper, but in this game, the gameplay makes up for that.. It's a third person shooter, except for the scope and binoculars..

"The ravages of World War II are drawing to a close and the Russians and Germans are locked in furious conflict for war-torn Berlin. Reports abound that the Russian secret service (NKVD) are in Berlin to steal atomic bomb technology from the German Army. You control the fate of an American soldier, trained as a sniper by the OSS. Now, as a key member of an invisible, yet elite group, you are assigned to the most sensitive of missions. Disguised as a German and working alone, you must infiltrate hostile enemy environments and using your stealth and sniping skills, and stop Stalin's forces from controlling the world's nuclear technology. The future of the world's geopolitical fabric is riding on you."

Heres a video i found on youtube of it,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2V5unA6-c3k

Great game, buy it if you can find it, i got mine at a local computer store..
Played it.

Gotta say it - the game crushes with the sniping element, unfortunately only with it...

I mean - I can see Berlin. I can hear heavy combat - Katyushas, artillery, screams, gunfire...

But I don't see Berlin burn! I'd expect to see redarmists flooding from every corner, T-34s and JS tanks crushing Volkssturm on every street and artillery barrages obliterating every block I'd lay my eyes on.

And what I see is more like a second-line peace with the far battle as a sound background. Might be my usual WW2 correctness bias, but it really feels weird.
Looks like fun! Even though the graphic's are dated, the gore still looks awesome! It's complete with skull fragments AND brainmatter!

Verg
I think I'll get a demo and give it a try.
Its an aight' game...

Sniper is my style...But as said above, It feels weird:sleep:
All those idiots....Someone gets plugged and they just stand there...