Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A modest introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Introductions always are a daunting, albeit necessary task.
One cannot make a second first impression, after all; and presenting oneself as a moron probably is the best way not to make acquaintances here, seemingly.

How would one avoid such a mistake?

Being funny, perhaps; that's not my selling point. I tend to indulge in the blissful pleasure of sarcasm and irony, and it is a shame most people don't appreciate it. Especially those ridiculed.
Being witty, maybe; but if this post and these lines can be deemed as such, then wit is a rarity indeed, these days.
Being normal, with no pretense of originality or awesomeness - yes, that might do.

I'm The Hypocrite One, AKA Hypocrisy AKA various ingame alts, continuously changing due to equally continuous shifts of mind. Too many choices, you see.
I'm a high school student on its last year of captivity, pretending to be a gaming reviewer, a RPer and to really have a social life. I'll let you guess how successful I am in such endeavours.
And, last but not least, I'm a long time fan of Freelancer, one of the best games I have ever played, and I still consider it as such, in spite of the latest releases - X series naturally comes to mind -.

I believe there is few left to be said on the author's part, beside the acknowledgments for the kind readers who went through this - and their nerves as well.
If you wish to know more about me, you will: amidst the frozen nebulas of the outer sectors of Sirius, though.

Admittedly, it feels safer to fly circles in Nomad hunting grounds rather than on these boards.
If not else, squishies are predictable.

On the other hand, netizens, Freelancers and above all RPers, are not. Definitely not.

Sort of like this.

- THO
Welcome.

Though if you think high school is captivity, I have bad news for you...:P
Welcome to Discovery.
Welcome to Discovery State Penitentary.

Avoid Rodent; he bites.
Welcome to Discovery , Enjoy your stay here
Welcome! I suggest starting a trading/mining character so you can have a way of making money. Starting up is slow, but if you have a way of making money, it's only needed once. I like mining myself, but you can decide.
Afterward, join a faction, unless you want to join a mining/trading faction, 'cus that works too. Be it lawful or pirate, find one, it makes this place much more enjoyable. Oh, read the rules too:rtfm:
Have fun, see you in space.
Hello and Welcome to disco...!:smile2:
"pretending to be a gaming reviewer"? you reviewed Disco yet?
Welcome to our crezi community, enjoy your stay.
Enjoy your stay at this place of madness !
Thanks to everyone who greeted me, it is very appreciated.

: There's college. Or work. I know. ;_;
Hunter: No wonder.
: I'm currently the proud owner of a Heron and enjoying my trading time. Sooner or later I'll start rolling out actual fighting ships.
: Unfortunately not. I fear it is too niche of a game to draw some interest upon it - not in these times, at least.

By the way, if I may ask here, does anyone attend to the Discovery Help Channel on Skype? If that's so, could anyone assist me on joining it?
Pages: 1 2