Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello there, Discovery Freelancer seems Fun!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello i'm Farman i love Freelancer and i hope i will be welcomed to Discovery

I'm new to the multiplayer side of Discovery and i have some questions.
i've read the RPing rules but i'm afraid of violating them do you have any tips?
And i guess its hard starting out but what should i do first?
I haven't made a character yet but i'm thinking of making a trader but what do you guys think?
I would like to know how to RP with pirates if i'm a trader.

With RP my character is a calm and smart person who lost his job is down on his luck, he decides to sell all he has and buy a ship with the cash he has left and go into space. Some men found better lives in space and he hopes for the same. And he only knows this, that he doesn't what's in store for him.

Well i'll look at your opinions and see what i should do.
Alright, first of all, welcome!
Second, I like mining, but I think trading can make the same profit, so it is preference. Either way, make a trader or a miner FIRST. You'll need the cash.
About the rules, some may not make sense right now. Just make sure you know them well enough, and you'll do fine.
How to RP with pirates? Well, if they seem like they want to RP, then talk naturally I guess. Everyone RP's differently, I can't really tell you how. If they don't really RP, then just give them the money. Since you are new, they can't pirate you until you are above level 35.
And that character you made can be your first one, but you have to make new character for each new profile you make, unless its the same guy in a different ship.
Hope you have fun, see you in space.
Welcome to The forums and enjoy your stay here

and for the above post i would say Trading and Mining are the best

well join the DHC and i wll give you a Miner you can make 59 Million in a few hours per route there are alway some on to fill you up and we charge other DHC members for 5 to 10 Millions ( per 5k) and you may also have a chance to be the Commander of any Mining station put an application in our Recruitment form i wll put up an link shortly apart from that Enjoy your stay here

Edit: here is the link

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=110591
Hey there, man. First of all "Welcome and a nice stay".
To the job's point. I would suggest a trader. At first you maybe will mine in Pennsylvania to get the first good cash on the server. I think that's the most used way to start. Later then, when you got a better ship, you can become a trader. It's nice business and you meet a lot of people in Sirius.
And do not worry about the rules. So long as you do not think selfish, out of roleplay-wise, or intend to harm gamefun with your own interests everything should be fine. RP-wise you only have to think like...imagine you would be the person you are playing. Logical conclusions about that shouldn't be excluded.;)
For better access and avaibility you can use this here.

All I can say is to spend as most time with others who are loner on the server than you. It's a good way to start understanding everything. And I don't think, that a player with shout at you when you ask him something about the server, RP or whatever you on about.

Play the game and find out.

Oh....and have fun.
No No No No No...
No Hardselling factions in the welcome forums please. (Not a rule, just me ranting) *Sigh*

Anyhoo, Hi there Farman, nice to meet you. Just to elaborate on my Pony-Avatar-ed friend said previously, I'll just give a quick low-down on the RP of Discovery. Each ship people fly is a roleplayed person, completely separate from the person themselves, and most people usually have more than one completely different character, from completely different factions, sometimes even enemy factions. When roleplaying, the whole idea is to pretend that you are that person, the pilot of the ship. So if you get pirated, act as though someone literally was pointing a gun at your head. If your character would stay calm, be calm, if he'd brown his frilly underwear, so be it.

As for what your first character should be, yeah people say you need money, but at the end of the day, I find that while you're just starting out, you should try your hand at a bit of everything. (Except maybe bounty hunting, that's best left 'till you know how the forum roleplaying works a bit better) Draw from your singleplayer experiance as to what you like to do and explore that in multiplayer. There's no right or wrong in this game, and the worst thing you can do is sit doing something you hate, just so you can make money to do something else. It makes the game more of a chore and less fun, which is what real life is for, games are designed purely for fun.

Oh, also, side note - the rules - more or less just use your common sense, if something doesn't seem right, don't do it, so don't use pirate stuff on a military ship, and no matter what your character does, consider the player your talking to, dont get personal. By all means insult the other character's intelligence/value/skill/hygiene and/or linage, but keep the language clean and do it in a way that doesn't involve the other player.

Happy Flying:)

EDIT: My bad for such a wall of text...
Wow thats a clear vote:

MINER

Gets you all the $$$ you need and you'll learn basiv pvp/rp skills.

Oh an Welcome!
Your best bet would be to start mining or trading and you should be fine.

Welcome aboard.
Be tradin' and then mining for a bit, maybe join a faction, which gets you started with it.

Oh, I almost forgot to say i and enjoy your stay !
trade/mining later join to few factions. just dont bacame capwhore ok? welcome anyway:)
Do some trading, then grow up to a miner and then to a power-miner maybe. End up in a light fighter cuz you gonna be sick of caps. Have fun!
Pages: 1 2