Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Evenin'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time is tricky, after all.

Greetings. I'm ye local new fish of the day as McSteve, for now. Very new, in fact - Don't even know much about Freelancer. I seem to have caught onto things, though. The fact that the X series and Freelancer more or less share most of their gameplay quirks helps.

I do roleplay as a hobby, so this "simple" stuff ought to be just fine.

Ideal plan is to raise up enough money, fetch a Waspu and then be a bounty hunter before maybe, just maybe, joining up with Space Russia. ;)Though the money part is tricky... I am guessing it's the sort of thing where it takes a while to get your first million, but once you get set you suddenly have 20?

That said, I do have one question that makes this thread worthwhile; On ships and money. Now, I understand that your "character" can only have one ship at a time, you sell it when you buy a new one etc. What I am asking is, though, is that do you share your money between your various account slots? Or do all those crazy people with a fighter/bomber/cap-ship in their military factions grind up the money with a new character for each one?

Edit: Actually, I've one more question; How can you tell if a weapon is a military or civilian kind? I don't recall seeing it in a description, outside of nationalities.

Edit 2: I lied, one more. Alt tabbing; Does that do whatever F1 does, too? I alt tab a fair amount.
Welcome to disco. Drinks are on me this morning.

Have fun, earning your first mill, It's the hardest!

1. Take a look at the wikipage of the weapon in question. Use commonsense.
Liberty Navy Magmas are definately a nono for Farmers alliance.
However on this version you don't need to pay attention to whom the guns originally belong. But if you try something fancy your reactor will go *poop* and your core will be dry within the first shots.

Pay close attention to this chart:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=117424

Alt-Tabbing is fine, as it leaves you floating in space utterly defenseless.
:smile2:

Saw you in Ontario couple of minutes ago, didn't have time to say hi, so hi!
Welcome. all info you need is on Wiki, but it is not fully complete yet.
read rules, do RP and respec other players and you will have more fun
Always glad to see new faces around here. Welcome and have fun.
Welcome!
First, actually your char can have multiple ships as long as it makes sense for him to have those ships. My Liberty Navy char has a fighter and bomber class vessel, and that is fine. My ICMG char has a mining ship and a transport. For sharing cash, yes, you can use this nifty /givecash command and give cash to anyone, including your own chars. And for your first char? I suggest a trader/miner, 'cus since you can share money, you'll need a way to make it, and the best way is trading and mining. Don't get to grinding for cash though, that will make it boring. I am very, very low on cash and can't get myself to make any xD.
So read the rules, learn them well, and have fun!
I just lost the game.

Welcome.
We're not Space Russia OMFG :@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Welcome.

Hello there new one ! I hope you have your fun here, as so many people.