Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Yet another Disco/RP newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, good day, Ladies and Gentlemen, how do you do.

Here comes another greenhorn, awed and stunned by the miracle called Discovery! /boy, am I good at flattering or what:cool:/ My name in that distant, vague thingy they call *Real Life* is Daniel, but here, in the Sirius sector, you may just call me *kidd* (or whatever comes to mind when I piss you off:P). Being an incurable SF fan, I adored FL, when it appeared, but due to some hardware adn connection problems online play was out of the question, up until very recently. So, this means zero PvP experience, and teoretically zero RP experience too. Prectically though, having read some 1000(well , around that number :$) SF and fantasy books, methinks it will not be a great problem to come up with some at least average RP stories.
I must say that I already made a mistake which I often do - I did start a couple of characters before I made myself familiar with the rules and regulations.(boy - so many *I*-s - now go explain that you're not some egoistic, narcicistic self-sentered son of a gun:$) Well, they are all kinda dead now:((erased but for one, and that one's going to experience a rebirth soon). I appologise if some of them made some stupid remarks - silly people that they are, and hereby officially declare that none of my future ones is ever going to be caught at anything even remotely close to ooRP. (that was nice, now let's see if I can actually do it:unsure:).
I already read the rules and that fascinating thread by Xoria(brilliant job, Milady) and I'm going to read them again and again and again... And then again. I fully understand that to read everything I want and need to know is at least a couple of months job, but I'll do my best(which to be true is not that good:$).
I am open to sugestions as to which faction to join(that's a Go Go Go! for shameless recruiting) although be aware Ladies and Gents - I may learn to RP Disco style, but my flying/PvP skills are nonexistent for the time being, so if you choose to enroll the services of my chars's - get yourselves ready for a nerve-breaking, soul-shaking, durt-sucking(or was that vacuum-sucking), not quite pleasant boot camp.

Actually, while enjoying my humble self in the Disco RP server for almost two weeks, I kind of came up with a story, including four not very ordinary young men. Soon you'll have the doubtfull pleasure to read it in the biographies thread - your judgement will be most welcome. Before I start writing it though, I need to clear one point - which exactly is the year in Sirius sector now? I need to know that before I build my char's history. Please answer that here if you may.

Well, that was quite a long introduction, for which I'm sorry(ha, who am I kidding, not sorry at all, just love writing loooong, silly thingies). To those , who had the nerve and patience to read it - Thank you verry, verry much! To those, who actually decide do say *welcome* - don't you have something better to do people!(kidding of course - thank you kindly, guys'n girls!). To those, who choose to try their recruiting skils on me - well, it's your own funeral(see *flying/PvP Skills* above).

That's all folks - 'twas my line 'n I said it:nyam:
welcome to discovery.
So, for you, its gonna be very short, beware of the communit penguins!
enjoy the server.
Welcome to discovery...make sure to read the rules...
Quote:make sure to read the rules

Quote:I already read the rules and that fascinating thread by Xoria

Make sure you read the whole post.. :lol:

Anyway, welcome to Disco! So far this was the best welcome thread
I've ever had a chance to read..

[shameless.recruiting] Don't forget to join the SA! You'll fit in there perfectly! [/shameless.recruiting]
blah..its a welcoming thread..its always the usual introduction...besides i'm really not the one who reads long posts... unless its something really important...
Welcome.
Explore, then join a faction.
Be someone else for a few hours a day.
Don't take anything personally.
Most importantly, have fun.
Welcome to Discovery
*Great. Do I really have to do this? 'KAY! Got it!*

Riiight. What have we got here?:crazy:

Welcome to Discovery! Make sure you enjoy your stay here, and, like Athenian said, don't take anything personally.

~Mike
Welcome! Enjoy yourself, read the rules, now, go read them, seriously. Oh you did already... Do it again anyway, what have you got to lose

If they haven't already (and the usual suspects have not) there should be some fellas knocking on the door to offer you useful links and strange offers of employment, click the links, ignore the plugs, unless they are for Zapp's stories. The only faction you'll ever need to join is the Democratic Peoples Of Liberty. If that doesn't float your boat, however there's a couple of other links in my sig.
Welcome to Discovery!

Join Queen Carina's Royal Fleet!!

(Bretonian Armed Forces)

Drive a Templar!! Its fun!
Pages: 1 2