Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Random BSODs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problem is simple: I get a couple of blue screens in-game. After reading the crash dumps I came to following equation:

Zone ALarm + FL = Blue screens

Now, I deinstalled ZA and everything worked fine. Until now. I'm getting these blue ones randomly even if I'm not ingame. I read the crash dumpy again and following lines pulled my attention:

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrpamp.exe

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

The blue screens are coded STOP 0xD1. I'm ready to post a few mini dumps when you need them.

I appreaciate any post which is helpful, thanks in advance.
Did you do any windows-updates before you got these BSOD's?

Cus i remember one update that caused the svchost.exe too create a memory-leak which would ultimatly result in a BSOD...

now the ntkrpamp.exe is a program that uses the svchost.exe file to do most processing. search your computer for the file and find out what is using that exact file (ntkrpamp.exe). Once you found it, deinstall it or make sure it isnt started as a service (which can be a pain cus it uses the svchost.exe file)

Hope you get it fixed soon
As far as I know ntkrpamp.exe is a kernel exe. It'll be difficult to uninstall it, and that's why I posted here.

And no, the first of those blue screens came up before installing updates.
Then you'z having a bit of trouble and as for ntkrpamp.exe being a kernel exe... like really? :o never knew and never saw it anywhere before.... and i see process file's daily:)

AAAhz, you'z using Vista perhaps?

http://www.windowsbbs.com/showthread.php?t=67327
Well, I saw it in the exe's properties... I'm using XP, fortunately.:P

EDIT: It comes into my mind I actually HAVE installed a patch for multicore CPUs (KB896256). It could be that it is the culprit since it modifies the Kernel files of Windows. I'll uninstall it and see.