Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Phsycos' faction adisory panel.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I been on the forums for only a couple of days, but I been playing online games for quite a while now and i thought I want to share something with you.

I have had a great guild in wow, and was recruiting manager in FL normal in HoH plus in a clan for BF2142 and BF2.

My guild and my clans always had strong loyal members who kept it going even when I was not there because I applied some very cool stuff I learned form my BF2 Clan boss.

Please don't be angry at me for putting these ideas here, I don't think I'm better than nobody, I just want to be helpful because I noticd this mod has the rusty feeling on it when I play.. (about a month on and off now).

What i mean by rusty is not so much excitement in many of the factions, like you've been here for very long and you are tired or bored sometimes.

So I'll put my tips here and hope I don't get banned by the angry RP mobz. :crazy:

Recruitment:
I think the faction page in the forums says it all, if people come here they will choose I think, but it is very hard here to get into some groups (which is cool sometimes I think). The groups that I found are very nice.

Initiation:
When you get a new guy his training and initiation is always the most important time so he must always be assigned a partner to look after him and chat with him while 'grinds' or levels or gets used to his weapons etc. That way he can be trained nicely in what is cool or not in the group. usually we put someone who is also kind of new with brand new guys because they don't have any rust yet. :lol:

Graduation
We always threw little 'parties' in the game for new recruits that finish the initiations and made sure at least 3 or more people were at the party in the game, then they get their tabard or rank or ship or whatever and we post it on the forums so people can tell them well done.
The usual excuse for people not doing this was 'to many guildies' but my guild in wow had over 200 active members... I made sure that these things happened because there are many other options and people go where they feel the coolest!

Promotion
Same thing sort of as graduation exept all the lower ranks had to post something cool on the forum for their new boss and other people not even in the guild would post grats too:)(I wish i could show you but I didnt have money to keep paying my webmaster but it was sooo cool!) (no money for wow either but I am happy cos I found disco :yahoo:)

Events
people have different schedules in rl so events can be hard for everyone to be there so we would post how it went down like a newspaper artikle then everyone can feel part of it anyway.

Recognition
My Clan Boss on Bf2 always handed out coolest recognition with prizes which especially helped the emo guys who like attention to enjoy the clan more because some people really like attention or maybe need it (I'm a phsyco not a phcycologist) But I liked it too when my good moves or deeds got posted and I got rewards (I like rewards more than posts hahaha).

More promotion
This was my thing I did for wow :P(My own Idea :cool:)
I got some of the other Guild Masters to give people special ranks on forums for their contrebutions (howeveruspellit) in the game, I think if it was RP like here I would definitely have rewards and stuff for people who did great RP because I see these people still have PvP names and they lol a lot and blow your comms with the caps button and stuff and they are very high so it's not new guys!
Punishment helps a little bit that Hoodlum guy is funny hahaha.
But I think rewards are better! I dunno.. it's better for me cos threats piss me off (I didnt get any here but if someone is rude with me i want to fight!

thats all I think. ;)

****, please bare with me, my english is getting better, I have to google a lot of words so this took me forever! (Head to paper is not so easy!)

ok so if you don't like this then don't read it but don't shout at me I'm just trying to be helpful, some of you guys are always angery!

cool.

I'm not sure what you want to be changed, if anything at all.
Not sure what you are complaining about recruitment.
Initiation happens here at some faction for what I know (cant talk much about the others since my only faction i joined up with was SCRA), and I know I had some of the guys helping me around to set up my ship and all.
Sure we don't have graduation (what kind of "party" can you have on Freelancer anyhow? this is not WoW where you can dance...)
If you didnt noticed, promotions are being given from time to time as well, (and not only based on pvp skill might I say)
Plus, the event makers were (and probably still are, I have ceased noticing) spamming the RP forum with all the battle event XD
As to recognition, I know the SCRA for instance hand over medals in exceptionnal cases
And your last point about more promotion, couldn't understand it (but my english isn't perfect either)
' Wrote:I'm not sure what you want to be changed, if anything at all.
Not sure what you are complaining about recruitment.
Initiation happens here at some faction for what I know (cant talk much about the others since my only faction i joined up with was SCRA), and I know I had some of the guys helping me around to set up my ship and all.
Sure we don't have graduation (what kind of "party" can you have on Freelancer anyhow? this is not WoW where you can dance...)
If you didnt noticed, promotions are being given from time to time as well, (and not only based on pvp skill might I say)
Plus, the event makers were (and probably still are, I have ceased noticing) spamming the RP forum with all the battle event XD
As to recognition, I know the SCRA for instance hand over medals in exceptionnal cases
And your last point about more promotion, couldn't understand it (but my english isn't perfect either)

eh? didnt want anything changed, just sharing what I did with my guildies cos I see people share their ideas here.. thought it would be helpful is all.

It's not about dancing like in wow (we didnt do that anyway its so dang corny) it's just like a 'thing' you do, forum or whatever for guys who rank up.
ah I see. Well most of these are done here as well, although certainly on a much smaller scale I believe, since we aren't that many here... (I mean if your WoW guild has 200 members, the max player that can be online on this server is 200...)