Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, Nox is a drug developed and used in Gallia. Not much about it is known outside Gallia. With that in mind. If any Sirian lawful bumps into you and you have some in your hold. Can they stop you, shoot you or even destroy you?

There might be a good reason for Liberty to outlaw it, as they have had dealings with the Council and the Council might have informed them about the drug, perhaps Bretonia too, as both the Council and the BAF are fighting the GRN. However, with Bretonia's rather less strict drug policy, their views might be different. They might also think of it as helping the enemies of their enemies, as it funds the Gallic unlawfuls.

Then of course there is the Council. What, if any, objections do they have for its use and distribution?

Lastly, as there are no selling points outside Gallia and the new Council system, I don't imagine that a little RP surrounding its distribution into Sirius, with the turf wars that ensue with the discovery of a new drug, would be out of the question?
"This means that Nox is now considered contraband within Liberty. It is rated in the same band as Cardamine and Nomad materials, which means that possession of this commodity will result in any punishment the officer on duty deems fit to administer."

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=115247

Glad to be of service.
Funny how they simply just know about the introductions of Nox. Also funny about the docking modules and cloaks. How to stop people using them? Ah quite simple. Outlaw them.
Outlawing ship componets is almost the same as someone owning a car, but its illegal to have tires on it. Its part of the game and for those that want to dock with a player, well lets see, if needed, the pilots of the fighters taht docked with a player ship can undock and engage hostile targets and defend. Or an insertion of a military or outlaw based faction to get in, cause some damage and get out. If you didnt mean it in that context, sorry.
' Wrote:Outlawing ship componets is almost the same as someone owning a car, but its illegal to have tires on it.

No, that's a flawed example.

Costum exhaust pipes, though, are illegal in several countries.

EDIT: let me answer this more correctly.

Quote:Then of course there is the Council. What, if any, objections do they have for its use and distribution?

Lastly, as there are no selling points outside Gallia and the new Council system, I don't imagine that a little RP surrounding its distribution into Sirius, with the turf wars that ensue with the discovery of a new drug, would be out of the question?

The Council objects to Nox, but the civilians of the Council are addicted to it.

As for distribution within Sirius, I was promised that Kusari would become a selling point, and potentially Ames/Atka would buy them for a decent price.

Also, it's Nox, not NOX. It's not MOX at all.
It just means that pirates will use cloaks and docking modules and traders won't because the lawfuls will shoot them and therefore they will suffer all the more. Also smugglers I guess. As for docking modules. Well, I think they come in different sizes. Allow the small size and not the larger ones would make more sense than banning them entirely, could be wrong about it though.

And player owned stations? Only those who get the A ok from the head honchos will get them, all others will get blown up.

So the Council has banned it? If they catch you, do they shoot or order you to drop it with a fine? And yea, Nox, Box, whatever.
' Wrote:So the Council has banned it? If they catch you, do they shoot or order you to drop it with a fine? And yea, Nox, Box, whatever.

They don't catch us, so I wouldn't know.
' Wrote:Funny how they simply just know about the introductions of Nox. Also funny about the docking modules and cloaks. How to stop people using them? Ah quite simple. Outlaw them.

Funny how when you have the idea to introduce a new drug into the ecosystem of discovery it crosses your mind as being of completely pure and innocent intentions. Funny how when someone devises a plausible means by which to stop you, it's immediately met with a sarcastic comment hinting at something similar to powergaming.

But that's just a side note. Here's the main point: if someone tries to stop you, is it plausible that when met with a cargo with unknown origin and unknown cargo identifier, a police officer would, well, just assume it was some kind of known illegal being masked as unknown? I mean, if a trucker passed through a weigh station with a different weight than he should be registering when I was on my shift, I would definitely have probably cause. Better to just assume he can and Roleplay the situation like any other situation than to cry foul somehow.
Hint, not all drugs be bad yo. Takes time to introduce them to the system where the lawful officials order tests and such, they don't just outright ban them from the get go. According to your statement, anything coming from Gallia should be contraband.
' Wrote:Hint, not all drugs be bad yo. Takes time to introduce them to the system where the lawful officials order tests and such, they don't just outright ban them from the get go. According to your statement, anything coming from Gallia should be contraband.
I'm pretty sure that one of the first things the Council would've warned the houses is that "Nox is bad".

And yes, anything coming from Gallia being contraband is a reasonable statement.
Pages: 1 2