Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Attacking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All right just now I was flying the Grau Family Yacht and upon entering Manhattan space I see a xeno. I say, "-Captain- Open fire on the xeno."

Some LSF are engaging the xeno as well and there are a few other ships as well. I hold fire, so as not to harm friendlies and then an lsf dies at the hand of the Xeno. I then see an opening for some shots so I fire on the Xeno. He then comes around at me and opens fire. Then I notice something strange- I am taking a massive amount of damage. As it turns out, a liberty police id player is shooting me in a Rheinland Gunboat.

(Here is a screenshot I took once I got into cruise and used cm's to avoid his disrupter.)
http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a...bypolicelg0.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but,
1) Am I not to be told that I am going to be attacked. That was always my understanding, that is why I said what I did before opening fire on the Xeno.
2) A liberty police with a rheinland gb?
3) I realize lib police and Junkers are not friends, but the Grau Family Yacht has never been seen by liberty police with illegal cargo and all I had in my bay at the time was 100 crew.

If I had not had cap armor VII and full nanos and shields I wouldn't have survived as it was clear he was trying to kill me. Worse yet, he gave no explanation.

So in addition to asking you whether or not I am wrong when I say he shouldn't have attacked me, I want to know what should I do. His GB is no match for Forschung, and I have over 300 mil to spare for putting out a bounty. The problem is because he is lib police ID, if I do that(kill him or have him killed) all others will see it as , "Oh the Grau Family killed a lib police. Kill all the family!"

One more question. If this was oorp on his part and he shouldn't have done it, is it something that, should it happen again, I can just go to the admins with? I ask because I never had this happen before. All others who fought me had a reason, and clearly made their intentions of attacking me known before opening fire.
Simple. He had no rights to attack you. Not a single one.
And those 'rogue' Police ID-ed people will be engaged even by lawful forces for such doings.
I don't know about report though. It's your call.
I smell trial by forum approaching...

Honestly there is no rule regarding announcing, but attacks do have to have an RP basis, if you feel there was no RP involved and you think you have sufficient proof, take it to the Violation reports.

I will not comment on any other aspect of this post.
this person was doing something he should not have done. - i d place a nice bounty on him ( no, not one of those rediculous 500.000.000.000.000 credit bounties - but sometimes 500k is enough - and make it 20 kills. saves money, and hordes of BHGs won t need to work for free.

other than that - even if he IS a rogue police IDed player - you should ask the official factions if you are allowed to put a bounty on him. by the rules.. that person IS liberty police, no discussion about it - there are no rogue police IDs, thats a player invention.
The guy's behavior, and the guy's ship and/or ID was ooRP, I try not to report such people mainly because I think reporting is not the way you behave towards people without saying something first, so I question him first about the ID and/or said ship. If he refuses to change either, I simply tell him to leave Liberty under pain of death. If you're flying a Rheinland ship in Liberty you're bound to get in trouble anyway.

Edit: Which reminds me, that guy is already banned from Liberty, and has been killed on numerous occasions.
' Wrote:...
I will not comment on any other aspect of this post.
/Signed.

Yes, Grau. Contact the guy, if you can't work it out with him just send the admins a report. Your original post will do.
Well I tried the whole talking to him thing. The problem is, he is French and spoke no English with me. I only know English, German, some Czech, and a little spanish. I know all of 10 words in French. So conversation was limited. Though he did come back to Manhattan, but this time with a rh police ID. He even killed at least one player.

Now when I had a char with rh police ID I was chewed out like crazy when I was out of Rheinland. I guess if you "don't" speak English, you can get away with so much.

Though he was also seen in Alaska apparently and went through zone 21. Some lsf wanted to know why. I told them he speaks French and then someone said, "I speak French. Who is he and I will talk to him." I told the guy to also ask about my situation with him.

A few minutes later the one who was translating said what the person had said in response to being asked.

Here is a screenie of his response, and if this guy(wellington) translated correctly this guy(gunboat killian Fr) appears to be a jerk.
[Image: frenchiesresponseyr5.jpg]
What del said.

Personally I'd have just reported him for firing without reason. Claiming not to understand english is not and will not be accepted as an excuse for breaking/bending the rules.

It's been stated elsewhere numerous times.
I was the Xeno "Hatch" in this incident. What this player did to you is unacceptable and should be reported.

I would like to point out that I was fighting 3 fighters and a Gunboat as you came along and announced you were going to fire. Nice of you to announce but did you really feel it was neccesary to help the lawfuls against 1 Xeno in an Eagle, just a thought.
' Wrote:did you really feel it was neccesary to help the lawfuls against 1 Xeno in an Eagle, just a thought.
I've been on both sides of ganking and I know it's annoying but Junkers -do- have a war going against the Xenos. So in that regard it is ooRP for him to NOT attack you.

and i said -do- because something could have changed in this mod I'm not aware of.
Pages: 1 2