Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: x_x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I return.
Sort of.
After an unexplained absence!
Aaaand I have yet to install freelancer/discovery on my current/new laptop.
But yeah, I'm back-ish, verrah soon - For those who remember me from my short time on here previously: Pretend I am brand new~ Or something.

For everyone else: I'm totally brand new.
Herp derp.

xD

So I'll reintroduce myself.
I'm crazy, crazy and, uh, did I mention crazy?
For hobbies I have drawing, writing, various games (of course....), bookreadan' (mostly fantasy or science fiction), and voice acting. Yes, Voice acting. I have a giant, surprisingly cheap but overspecced microphone because -I FELT LIKE IT-.

I am also strange/weird, but people say it's a good thing. *thumbs up* (I don't believe you if you tell me it is D:< )

So anyway, hi!
:D

*resumes looking for freelancer cd* :I
Oh and another thing.
I got dragged back on here by *le gasp* friends...
So I heard there were some changes since last I was on, stuff like the tech tree and such..

Some pointers would be lovely :3

Welcome back, enjoy your stay with us.
' Wrote:Welcome back, enjoy your stay with us.

*sunglasses*
Ohgod who turned off the galaxy!?

Thanks, man.
hello there. good to see more good people
' Wrote:hello there. good to see more good people

"Good" people.
Yeeeeessss..
Mwehehehe...
Meanwhile..
Is the standard install location for the disco installer valid?
Or do I need to worry about it being shoved off to who knows where later? xD
' Wrote:Meanwhile..
Is the standard install location for the disco installer valid?
Or do I need to worry about it being shoved off to who knows where later? xD
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking about here...

If you're talking about the standard location where the game is installed - yes, that's valid. It's supposed to be in the AppData folder to prevent issues with UAC (User Account Control) under Vista/W7 (and up).

If you're talking about your vanilla Freelancer install - Well, depends on if you've pointed it to the right one, of course. As long as it installs without any errors, you've got nothing to worry about. The installer doesn't touch any of the files or move around any of the files in your original FL install.
' Wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you're asking about here...

If you're talking about the standard location where the game is installed - yes, that's valid. It's supposed to be in the AppData folder to prevent issues with UAC (User Account Control) under Vista/W7 (and up).

If you're talking about your vanilla Freelancer install - Well, depends on if you've pointed it to the right one, of course. As long as it installs without any errors, you've got nothing to worry about. The installer doesn't touch any of the files or move around any of the files in your original FL install.

No I was asking about the disco one going to AppData.
But that's good to know. - It's just that when I see stuff go to user/soandso/somethingdata I get a little paranoid it's ending up in a tempfolder.
Haha, Thanks, that answers my question. <3
Interesting. You may proceed.
Pages: 1 2