Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Council Recruitment Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

[Image: Council_Logo.png]

_Bureau de Recrutement_
Recruitment Office

And here you are, almost ready to take on something new which could easily change your life forever, but are you sure you know what you are doing? Again, what is this all about?

Général - General

The Gallic Council of National Freedom and Unity, or just simply The Council, is the populist revolutionary movement in the Kingdom of Gallia, aiming to overthrow the tyrannical monarchy and estabilish a democratic republic in it's place. The Second Gallic Civil War, which has been ongoing for almost three decades by now, is the result of the opposition between royalist and revolutionary forces.

Three decades ago The Council has successfully started their liberation against the Gallic Crown by taking over the Champagne system in a well-planned and strategical move. In the following years, the Council continued their attacks on the Gallic Crown and managed to breach the Languedoc defenses, took over Planet Quillan and a few facilities. Finally, after the conquer of these systems, the Council started to built up defenses and blockades to stop the upcoming invasion of the Gallic Crown and to ensure the security of Sirius.

However, it was just a matter of time until the blockade of Languedoc would fall. The Council was aware of that and warned Sirius for the upcoming invasion. During the fall of Languedoc The Council has been evacuating the system and fled into Sirius to build up a new home for the refugees and survivors, reestabilishing themselves in Roussillon in the process.

Nowadays The Council assists the forces of Bretonia, Liberty, and several factions of the Tau Region that have to face the Gallic Crown and its invasion force. Futhermore, the Council builds up new trade agreements with the houses and organizations of Sirius, to ensure a better financial status for Council. While the forces in Roussillon are keen to reinforce the defenses of Bretonia and stabilise the Tau Region, the forces in Champagne focus on tactical strikes and guerilla warfare against the Gallic Crown inside Gallia.

For a more detailed elaboration, please visit the Faction Information page.

Structure de l'Organisation - Faction Structure

CM - Corps Militaire

The Military Corps of The Council encompasses the entirety of the armed forces of The Council, being more of an amalgamation of military, the marines, navy and air force. The corps, however, is divided by different aspects, each division working together using a wide array of assets.

CL - Corps Logistique

The Logistic Corps of The Council is responsible for the steady flow of wealth and all commodities required for the smooth and constant operation of The Council. This includes monetary wealth acquisition via freelance commerce on allied markets in relatively secure space, transportation of combat supplies and troops between own assets, and smuggling within hostile space.

CR - Corps de Recherche

The Research Corps contains all the various organisations working for the technological advancement of The Council, without them our movement wouldn't have the necessary edge to take up the fight with the forces of the Gallic Crown, the Royal Navy and the Police. The various divisions of the Corps de Recherche work together closely on making new discoveries on the fields of science, turning theories into reality, developing new technologies and with that maintaining our position in the arms race.

SA - Secteur Administratif

The Administrative Sector of The Council coordinates all the others, controls administration, documentation, deals with public relations, diplomacy, and all the other tasks lying outside of the scope of the Corps Militaire, the Corps Logistique, or the Corps de Recherche.

EOS - Exécutif des Opérations Spéciaux

The Executive of Special Operations coordinates the special operations forces belonging to The Council, conglomerating them in a single corps primarily tasked with unconventional warfare and special reconnaissance missions against the Royal Navy and other groups affiliated with the Gallic Crown. Due to the lack of a dedicated military intelligence unit, the EOS also includes counter-espionage in their agenda, even though the exact nature of their operations has always been unknown to everybody but the Council High Command, which holds direct jurisdiction over the group.

For a more detailed elaboration, please visit the Council Command Center.

Demande - Application

If you want to fight for a better future in Gallia., for a life without the fear of what might come next, without any oppression, if you want to have a life with freedom, then fight for this cause! Join The Council and be part of the glorious fight for the freedom of Gallia. There is no longer a reason to hide yourself. Step forwad and change the world for the better!

In order to properly apply for the membership of The Council please fill out the following form appropriately, and submit it in a response to this thread.

Code:
[color=#FF6600][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF6600][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF6600][b]Gender:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF6600][b]Place of Birth:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF6600][b]Previous jobs:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Sky P3 or Discord address:[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Brief biography (of the character):[/b][/color]

Be aware that the evaluation of each application may take up to one or two weeks at most.

Viva la revolution! Pour la Liberté Gaulois! Pour Le Conseil Gaulois!

Code:
[color=#FF9900][b]Name: Bernard [/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Age: 22 [/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Gender: male [/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Place of Birth: Planet New Paris, Ile-De-France system [/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Previous jobs: Trader [/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]The Division you would like to join (you can pick several divisions or only one by putting a cross in the empty field):[/b]
[list]
[*][x]Council Assault and Security Division
[*][x]Council Trade and Supply Division
[*][ ]Council Technology and Advancement Division
[st][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]S.K.Y.P.E.: C.C.Fanboy [/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Short story about yourself: I grew up on New Paris, living a normal life. When i reached adulthood i entered the trading buisness. During one of my trade runs, i ended up in the middle of a battle between The council and Gallic royal navy, as a result my ship got damaged and i drifted into a nearby minefield. As luck would have it, there was a jumphole in there wich i used to get away. On the other side i got rescued by a passing Bretonian patrol. After my rescue i remained in bretonia and used to travel alot. After seeing many wonderful things, i decided that it is a shame that my compatriots can not have the chance to see the things i saw because of the Crown, so i made contact with  one of the coincil members with the intent of joining them.  [/b][/color]

Source: Planet Marne, Champagne
To: Applicant Bernard
Subject: Application
Encryption: High

Bonjour Bernard.

Your application looks good, besides one point. What is your last name? I am sure you have one...

With regards,
Gustave Mazuret
General en Chef
' Wrote:Source: Planet Marne, Champagne

Bonjour Bernard.

Your application looks good, besides one point. What is your last name? I am sure you have one...

With regards,
Gustave Mazuret
General en Chef
D'Eschimo, monsieur.
::: Incoming Transmission :::

Bonjour Bernard D'Eschimo.

Now everything is in order and I can officially accept you into the ranks of the Council Navy. Welcome to your new home!

With regards,
Gustave Mazuret
General en Chef

::: End of Transmission :::
Name: Feroxian DeLaville
Place of Birth: Planet Nevers, Burgundy
Previous jobs: Undergound supplier of pharmaceuticals, Librarian
The Division you would like to join (you can pick several divisions or only one by putting a cross in the empty field):
  • [X]Council Assault and Security Division
  • [ ]Council Trade and Supply Division
  • [X]Council Technology and Advancement Division

S.K.Y.P.E.: vompafoo
Short story about yourself:
A father, taken by the grenouilles of the navy. Tortured to death for leading his followers liberal and aggressive assemblies against the royal house of Gallia.
A mother, oh so caring, that raised her son by herself. Shunned by her neighbors, ignored by her friends. When her son was 3 years old she fled the planet in a group of refugees heading for Planet Amiens of Picardy. The convoy was on it's way when it got caught in a crossfire between the Navy and the Brigands. The Navy was too focused on killing their prey that they didn't even notice when some stray fire rocked the hull of a passing CSV.
The boy's mother had come down with a sickness that manifested in the form of mold growing inside her liver just a few months before this trip. There had been hope that there would be a doctor at the new planet that would be willing to treat her, but this disease drained all strength from her in the meantime. When the ship was rocked by the blast of the Navy, she was thrown into the air. When she hit the floor, she landed on her neck. At the age of 3 the boy became and orphan and buried his mother under the largest tree he could find.
His mother liked trees.

When he arrived on the planet, he was assigned to an orphanage. He was very withdraw from the other children. They teased him because he looked strange. He was told later on by the pilot of the refugee ship that this was because his mother had been Bretonian, although he didn't know much beyond that. After 2 years, the orphanage decided they couldn't support him anymore and sent him to live with a group of monks in the hills outside of the town. There he learned to open up to others, but also to fight for what he believed in. They took it upon themselves to teach the boy what they could and he learnt fast. By age 15 he was studying quantum entanglement and the relations between jumpgates and neutronic fusion.
He became the assistant librarian at the monks' observatory at the age of 18. By 20 he could name every book and repeat at least the first chapter of every book in the building from memory. He felt like he fit in in this place and he was comfortable being surrounded by these monks. 2 months after his 20th birthday, a regiment of Navy officers stormed the encampment. They trashed the observatory and burned every book they could find. They claimed some of the monks were rebel leaders and hauled them off for questioning.
Knowing the story about his father, he couldn't stay put. He followed the officers on foot. When he finally found the monks though, it was too late.
They had to have a closed casket wake for the men - against tradition - because there was nothing left of their faces. After the burial, the boy decided he would have his revenge. Both for the monks that raised him and for the parents that sacrificed their lives for him. One of the monks had an old ship from his youth that he gave to the boy when his intentions were revealed.
"I know you studied how to fly these ships. I'm not worried about your ability, but you can't find them alone. I had an old friend on planet Marne that should be able to help you out." The older man handed a small wallet to the boy. "In here is enough credits to provide food for a month and also the co-ordinates for a jump hole to the Champagne system. Once you get into the Burgundy system, avoid the trade lanes. The navy and police cannot be trusted in that area."
"But Pha, isn't that system controlled by rebels now?"
"Yes, yes it is. That is where you will find your people. That is where you shall learn to fight. I just hope I live to see the day of your triumphant return." The man smiled and rushed him on his way. His travels went by largely without incident. When the boy arrived at Marne, what he found could be described as disorderly or scary, but he only saw freedom.
That boy is Feroxian DeLaville.
(Feh rah kzee ahn | Deh La Vee)

To: Applicant Feroxian DeLaville

Bonjour Feroxian DeLaville.

Your application looks good. All requirements have been met, hence you have been accepted into the Council Navy. Your wish to join the Assault and Security Division and the Technology and Advancement Division has been granted. Your next step will be to meet the supervisor on Planet Marne in Champagne on section 14-B, where you will receive further instructions. The supervisor will tell you everything else you will or could require during your career in the Council Navy.

Viva la revolution! For freedom! For Gallia! For the Council!

With regards,
Gustave Mazuret
General en Chef

Code:
[color=#FF9900][b]Name:[/b] Benjamin Seguin[/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Age:[/b] 19[/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Gender:[/b] Male[/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Place of Birth: Planet Marne[/b][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Previous jobs: [/b] I worked for a variety of employers, doing odd jobs to help feed my brothers and sisters.[/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]The Division you would like to join (you can pick several divisions or only one by putting a cross in the empty field):[/b]
[list]
[*][X]Council Assault and Security Division
[*][ ]Council Trade and Supply Division
[*][ ]Council Technology and Advancement Division
[st][/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]S.K.Y.P.E.:[/b] Vahir[/color]
[color=#FF9900][b]Short story about yourself:[/b] I was born on Planet Marne to a poor family of nine children. Managing to scrape together the money to pay for flying lessons at age 13, I decided to become a pilot, but due to my lack of education I was turned away by each corporation I visited. When the rebellion broke out, three of my brothers died in the chaos, and I wish to make the King and his kin pay.[/color]
Name: Antoine Laroux
Place of Birth: Artois
Previous jobs:Maquis Security Consultant

[*][+]Council Assault and Security Division
[*][+]Council Trade and Supply Division
[*][+]Council Technology and Advancement Division

S.K.Y.P.E.:
Born at Arras in Artois, I know all to well of the treacheries of the Crown. When I was 13, my family was lost. The where caught on a transport, out of Burgandy, and slain by soldiers of the Crown. I made a promise to my family that I would do all I can to end this oppression in Gallia. Such a beautiful place deserves better than the King. His Greed and lust for power has desecrated Gallia. I joined the Maquis, when I was 15, it took many years, then I realized that their tactics weren't so much different than the King's. I needed something more... something to stand for, something to believe in. The Council has offered me, purpose, and convinced me to leave my hatred, and my criminal methods behind me...

Viva la revolution! For freedom! For Gallia! For the Council!

Source: CLN Fleurance
To: Applicants
Subject: Applications

Monsieur Seguin.

Apologies for the delay it took to review your application. However, I can say the waiting was worth it, you are accepted. Welcome to the Council Liberation Navy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monsieur Laroux.

Your application is pending. If you want to change that, then I would like to more about you. Your story you have submitted is short... really short. Tell me a bit more, if possible. Relatives, previous jobs, your current living place, experiences. I am sure you figured it out what I require.

That's all for now.

With regards,
Gustave Mazuret
General en Chef

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15