Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: AI Cruiser modeling question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am afraid this is a noob question.But what is the difference between?

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/images/archive...AICruiser-s.png

AND

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/images/4/48/AICruiser-s.png

The first model to be more pleasent to the eyes but the second one is in use over the server.And most important the first image is from ingame enviroment?If so what mod is it used,what shader? I curently have bloom off because some performance issues but i didnt saw my cruiser look so beautifull while bloom was on.Are we talking here about some grafic mod/improvement?I saw this difference on a lot of ships that spawned since 4.86...i might answer the question myself: the difference in modeling its because the first link if a picture from the modeling program and the second if from actual gameplay?

Edit:Is there a way to improve freelancer textures?
that is all about different angle, and maybe different rendering systems...but model itself is the same
It's a material error. It happens. The second one is the correct one.
Resolving the texture issues is a major headache for me. People tend to reuse existing texture names and replace the graphics file - this causes the FL engine to get confused, as it stores the texture name as a reference only, not the file itself. So when a new texture with the same name is loaded, the old one gets overwritten - resulting in widely inaccurate textures. Only way to resolve it is to make the texture names unique, and fixing the references to the new names inside the model vmeshes.

Which is a pain in the rear to do.

Anyway, report visible corruption in the dev thread and I'll deal with it. A more permanent fix is scheduled for 4.87 - it'll mean revisiting every MAT and model file, trimming obsolete files where possible, and making model specific texture names unique.
Good new! It will not make the Zoner GB windows as bretonian and bad uv coordinated. It will certainly get more time to add Higher rez textures from Fagu Aegeis HD tex pack.
No, Discovery will use Freelancer Vanilla textures as much as possible. I'm not sure that texture pack fits the lod requirements anyway.
And even if we are to add new textures, I think we'll be making our own.
LOD typically has more to do with model complexity then texturing. The same textures are generally applied to all LoD's... just not as detailed. That said, I'm not sure we'll be changing many textures, aside from the odd glitchy one.
So it can be posible that the ship to look as the "adjusted model" ?

Is more pleasent to the eyes expecialy the aft section of the ship...the one near the tail(the 2 cilinders).Ingame it look like something that eaten metal and puked scrap expecialy when docked...you cant tell if its really a "power module" (i call the fron of the ship weapon generator) or some random mix of scrap...its looks terible.

PS: i didnt made this post to state the error of texture/I made it to know if is posible to make the ingame models more like the new ones on wiki(its only me or the new retexturized models have a feel of eve online?)
Changing the model is up to Jinx. Doubt it, though.
Didnt said anything about changing the model i just asked if its posible that the ingame ship could look like the first image i posted
Pages: 1 2