Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Beginner asking a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im a new freelancer and i would like to know if buying a liberty navy id requires permission from player factions or not? does it apply to the zoners too (buying a zoner id)? Thanks
Short answer; no.
' Wrote:Short answer; no.

thanks for the reply. might as well join a faction
Got me before my edit was in (posting by phone.)

If you can purchase the ID, you're good to go.

To be clear, you are not forced to join the official faction to participate as that faction in gameplay (With a few exceptions like SCRA, CR, ROS.)
I can buy the id. but it will be kind of weird rp wise. Im actually a trader/freelancer character in liberty. but im already tired with the rampant piracy in liberty (in all seriousness i dont know any liberty authorities). I was planning to buy a liberty navy id to switch to anti piracy. But makes no sense whatsoever (from trader to liberty gunboat captain without any training). becoming a zoner makes much more sense though. i plan on getting out of liberty and all the bs from the government and live a zoner life.

Sorry for being noobish in the aspects of roleplaying. Discovery FC is one of the best mods i ever played. I just found this game after trying to play freelancer after a looong time. (last time i played is the year when it was released, and it was singleplayer) I gotta say the faction /player profiles are fun to read and i find the RP stuff to be really creative
Dude, that's the wonderful thing about Disco. Keep your freelancer trader with its Freelancer ID, start a new character, send credits to that new character and create a Liberty Navy pilot. There, so much simpler and now you have two characters to play instead of one.