Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Missing font in 4.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again.

I have recently done a clean install of FL, then run the new mods instalation program. (Some confusion here)

in the program it told me to install to a folder that was NOT where my clean FL was, and in a guide provided by Cannon it says to install to a folder that IS where clean FL is.
Cannon also writes that the installer may change for release, so I trusted the installer instead of his guide.

So. It now runs and shows "The Exiles" front page, but when I browse the server list there is no font, the image skull and cross bones (for lootable players) is visable, but no text, I have been trying to get onto the main server by ordering by number of players and selecting the one at the top of the list, but it didn't work. Clarification: The options are all there and selectable, however no variable font is present (Eg. server names, save games, text when you type name for a new character.)

Presumably this is a font issue.

Does anyone know what I did incorrectly?
During the installation process, you need to select two directories.

The first is the location of your clean vanilla installation.

Then, you pick any folder which is not in the same directory for your Discovery installation.
Thanks allot, I reran the installation and it now makes perfect sense to me, however my problem persists.

I'm not sure if your familer with this, but it's similar to the problem that you get if you copy the freelancer files directly to annother PC withought the fonts installed, however in that case the missing fots are replaced with annother larger font making all text incredably oversized. In my problem these fonts are not replaced, just left out, leaving my unable to read a huge ammount of the game content. I wouldn't mind, however I want to read all the new infocards and storyline related text, I love that stuff.

I have of corse tried reinstalling the fonts, maybe the incorrect ones, Would be nice if someone could tell me what fonts Discovery Freelancer uses. Although I really cant understand why this would happen, I have met the requirements a clean FL, then run the disco mod, how could there a be a problem if I have not made a mistake? there probably couldn't, wich means muggins here has done something stupid again.

Should I install the 1.1 freelancer patch before I install the mod?
Is your clean FL install from an original disc?

And no, you don't need the 1.1 patch before you install Disco.
It could be the font. Even in the Microsoft forum you can find such threads.
the fonts you should copy in your fonts folder then:
Agency FB
Agency FB Bold

If that dun fixes:

Direct X up to date?
Heard about the font problem and it was fixable by updating directX sometimes.
(generally FL not only disco)
Happend that to me once

Resolve:Uninstal freelancer,backup you acoounts,make a complete registry clean and reinstall freelancer...that should be all
uuuaaah, problem wont seem to leave. I will be reformatting soon anyway, I will just wait untill then.
I was reading through the forums and decided I couldn't wait any longer to get my disco fix, so In a fit of rage I reinstalled freelancer for the 5th time, redownloaded the mod for the 3rd time and tried the fonts from 3 different websights.

It now works, I don't really know where it came right, but it works, thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.