Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hallo and good bye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo all RP-Player , I was here for around 2 Weeks and the full Server was my reason to join.
I was surprised how warm was the welcome and how many People helped me.
But all that difficult rules and "No Go" things made me bored and frustratet.
So I can buy a GB on a Junkerbase but cannot fly that as a Junker but the ID said a Junker can fly a GB!
But not on this Server ...:(
And after 2 dozent different "Rolelayouts" I stop here now.......
For me was the most stupid Rule to leave a Sys for four hours after I died.
For example : I was an Order and killed in Alaska.... Than I have to fly 4 hours in empty Space!
No Ladies and Gents that is not a Playrule that is bloody rubbish!
Please delete all my Chars Names and so on also here in that HP.
=Forgive my bad english = I am a German

Tschuess + Goodbye
I don't think you'd like to see the very same LN dreadnought come back and attack you every 5 minutes every day. You only see the negative side of the rule, not the beneficial one.

Username removed

bye.
Rules are there for a reason... Usually in Discos case a very good reason. But laters dude.
*Insert customary leaving response asking for free stuff*
But, seriously, the rules are more or less common sense. The four hour rule specifically is to foster the roleplay immersion, which gets rather hampered when pilots start seeing ghosts of the recently deceased. It seems your mind is made up none-the-less, but I hope if you do happen to check this thread, that should clear at least something up.
I agree with Spirit here.
It's not that bad, it's for a good reason.
and more importantly it -helps-.
You know, there is actually very good reasons for such rules. However I know it's hard to get acquainted with all of them in the first place. If you happen to check this thread again, I'd gladly help you out on some basics. Add me on Skype when/if you give it a second try, oh and I speak German too, this would be ease things a bit.
You know, rules are dull sometimes but they exist for a reason,

I remember many years ago on servers without rules having 5, 6 guys killing me over and over and over again everytime i undocked, 1 sec after undocking - youre dead - these valiant guys while doing this outstanding deed also shot preety colourfull language, racist remarks etc. ( i remember german players being called "fritz, nazi") while being dorckraped. - I my self was called mexican nig**r because i was latin.

Would you like this to happen here?

The rules exist to prevent incidents like that to happen here, otherwize the game will loose interest and everyone will go to some other place.

Its hard to please everyone, but everyone has to make an effort to find some kind of commitment between having fun and abyding some rules.

Cheers and if you really are leaving, auf widerzein meine freunde.
kthxbai.

can i haz yr stuffs plox?