Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Would traders and such like refunds after reporting abuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just something i been thinking on for awhile, and talked to a few in game about over the years.
Would you for example like to be refunded if a Lolwut blows up your 5K full of platinum ore with no RP, after you report it, and he gets sanctioned? As of right now the lolwut gets sanctioned, but the trader is still out over 50mil.
Another example: your storage ship is sitting in space full of gear(weapons/shields/armour/CODEs) a lolwut pops up, shoots and kills you no warning. Reported/sanctioned, but again the victom is still out his gear.

So ideas. Would you as a victom like your stuff back if it happens to U?
too complicated, just delete the abuser's stuff
For cargo when trading, maybe yes.

Leaving a storage ship unattended not near a dock is rather silly, but it'll be hard to prove what cargo was in the ship. Unless its logged.
It's fine as it is - the amount of sanctions due to random piracy isn't even that big anyways, so this is more of an imagined problem than an actual problem that needs addressing
Getting paid for reporting people. Something tells me this may end up badly.

I'm torn.

On the one hand if I lost a large cargo load or storage character, I would definitely want my stuff back. Especially with the account-character limitations and game mechanics it makes sense to keep things in a central area.

On the other, giving stuff back could lead to a large increase in sanction reports or attempted scams of the system. I'm not saying they would all work, but I can definitely see small groups of people either trying to game the system or submitting sanction reports cut out of context to gain "recompense."

On that note, while I do log chat as well, can the admins access all server chat history (which would go a long way to preventing scams, but it likely a pretty hefty log)?
' Wrote:Getting paid for reporting people. Something tells me this may end up badly.
Good point, I'd hate to see sanctions involve a 'reward' factor that is in-game. Count me out of this idea.
It would be nice, but not very viable. You win some, you lose some.
' Wrote:Getting paid for reporting people. Something tells me this may end up badly.

Would not really be getting paid. It is getting re-imbursed.

Look at load scams, and ship scams. They are getting cash back right?

So why not a trader, or Pirate, or lawfuls or anyone else? Yes a screen of cargo with time stamp would be required. Cannot really scam this anyway i can see. You have cargo to lose, or you do not.

As to the Storage ship thing, yeah pretty dumb sitting in open space. Thing is i did in past see 1 Storage ship take 6 Nova's no warning. The guys were stripped of guns. Woopy, but that storage ship lost over 50 CODEs.

Now maybe it is just me. But i think punishment must fit the crime. But alot of times a lone bomber for example loses guns/armour. Trader loses 50mil+ not really an fair trade off i find.

Now i in no way want a new rule. This is just curiosity.
Too much hassle for admins for something it took you half an hour or less to accumulate I think.

Oh and I've had a vessel with 50 codes or so and I would never put myself in a position where they could possibly be at risk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4