Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Deadly Corruption in Liberty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Liberty Finest Magazine
Deadly Corruption in Liberty?
Special Report by Nikoletta Ohotnik

[Image: OperationExHaleNikolettaOchotnik.png]

Good afternoon! My name is Nikoletta Ohotnik and I will be your host for today's special edition of Liberty Finest Magazine with an interview with Fleet Admiral David Hale of the Liberty Navy. Today we are going to talk about corruption in Liberty. But first, we must ask ourselves the question what do we know about Independent Neuralnet Division?

Camera shows a female reporter and an admiral in a conference room. A subtitle says 'Fleet Admiral David Hale, Newark Station, 3rd March'.

Nikoletta Ohotnik: According to the last year budget IND was a beneficiary of several governmental contracts. On top of that, IND has been granted several licenses under strict military supervision. Is that correct?
David Hale nods: Some time ago, we had some negotiations with the IND, which allowed them to engage in a few government contracts... and granted certain exemptions from the embargo with Rheinland. This is something that was found to be mutually beneficial.

Camera jumps back to reporter in the studio.

IND, as we've been told, is an important supplier and civilian partner of the Liberty Navy. Few of you probably have heard that recently two IND transports were caught while smuggling cardamine. These two scans were taken on 31st January in Colorado near Pueblo Station. Nearly ten thousand metric tones of cardamine were smuggled by IND. Instead of putting half of the corporate board and employees involved behind the bars, the corporation was ordered only to pay a fine. Have you even heard about this in the evening news? Definitely not, as not a single mainstream media has informed about this crime.

Camera shows some evidence and shots of IND vessels hauling cardamine, then it jumps back once again to the admiral.

David Hale: I'm aware the IND recently ran into some legal issues with regards to smuggling, which surprised me from such a reputable firm. However, the law is the law. And the IND's actions were not legal, with regards to the smuggling incident.
Nikoletta Ohotnik: You mentioned the smuggling incident, and this is what I wanted to ask about.
David Hale: They have made financial reparations for it, as any other group caught smuggling would have been. And their government contracts are under review, I believe. There was an admission of guilt, as far as I understand. Legal proceedings were brought forward, and the matter was handled... by the department for justice and the home office.
Nikoletta Ohotnik: Our researcher was asked to investigate this matter, and there was no official LPI investigation. The matter was dealt with on the administration level only. Excuse me, but if even a small part of the cargo hold of my shuttle was filled with cardamine, I would land in Huntsvile, regardless of paying a fine. And, if I understand correctly, these were huge transports.
David Hale: In fact, that is highly unlikely for a first time offence. I'm sure you're aware of the cost involved in increasing prison population. Repeat offenders however would find themselves behind bars.
Nikoletta Ohotnik: Well, we are talking about smuggling on a massive scale. So, my question is as follows. Has Liberty Navy pulled the strings to resolve this matter on an administration level only, in order to protect their special corporation?
David Hale after a pause: The IND is no more 'special' as you put it, than Universal, Agiera, Interspace or DSE. The Navy was not involved in the case directly, aside from in forwarding certain pieces of evidence on to the correct judicial organisations.
Nikoletta Ohotnik: Our informant claims that several high ranked officers received transfers forwarded from several accounts associated with IND. Including an account strangely called 'holy war'.
David Hale shaked his head: ... What?
Nikoletta Ohotnik: Should I understand that these were just... 'fines'?
David Hale: I am unaware of any transfer of funds aside from the fine which was levied on the IND, and subsequently paid into the Central Liberty Internal Treasury. I would be interested in seeing the information you have gathered, to determine if there is any truth to that allegation.
Nikoletta Ohotnik: Do you agree if such transfers were really made, it would mean that Liberty Navy has been effectively corrupted by IND?
David Hale: That is dependant on context, however if there is any truth to what you've just told me, then there would be an investigation launched into the matter.
Nikoletta Ohotnik: We will of course deliver you all the information AFTER we publish them... of course taking into consideration that our informants must remain secret... I would like to thank you, Admiral, for your time and that you agreed for the interview.

Camera jumps once again back to reporter in the studio.

Money tend to corrupt people, hence huge corporations are often corrupted. This is nothing new. Our only defence is in the law and the equality it should uphold. But what happens when those who stand 'for peace and justice' are corrupted? We have proofs that several high ranked officers of the Liberty Navy had received money from IND around the same time when the corporation was caught smuggling. And the only repercussion they suffered was a fine. Is there a better definition of a corruption? Did David Hale knew about the credits his subordinates received or was incompetent enough to be unaware of the corruption in the Liberty Navy? I hope we will know the answer soon. After emission of this program I am going to LPI headquarters at Fort Bush to present evidence we have gathered during our research. And this is all for today's special edition. This is Nikoletta Ohotnik saying goodbye to you. Don't forget to watch us next week.
Liberty Finest Magazine
Journalist dies in an accident in Manhattan's orbit
Press release

[Image: OperationExHaleDeathInOrbit-1.png]

With a great sadness in heart we are informing about death of our dear colleague Nikoletta Ohotnik in an accident that happened in Manhattan's orbit this evening. Ohotnik was piloting CTE L-337-K Civilian Shuttle from Planet Manhattan to Fort Bush. According to the footage and sensor data collected by Manhattan's satellite network her ship suddenly changed course and was caught by the planet's atmosphere. Initial investigation has proved that DNA material found in the wreckage belonged to Nikoletta. Police investigator, who wished to remain anonymous, has told us that the supposed cause of the accident was a malfunction of a starboard thruster, but since it is a very rare defect, further checks must be performed. It is speculated that the accident might have something to do with the recent report on the corruption in the Liberty Navy. NeuralNet users have been speculating about this possibility on the Faceroll Social Network under the entry Who killed Ohotnik?
...hack.initiated...decryption.in.progress...
...hacked.your.mother.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...
...related.oorp.source...
...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...

Klaus Lange

+++IncomingTransmission+++

*Channel estabilished
*Encrypting info
*Sending data
*Receiving data
*Decrypting info

[font=Century Gothic]Ich just vanted to learn news aus entire Sektor on NeuralNet before patrol, und vat Ich zee? Anoder proof of ein Kriminalnaturen of Goverment in zis totalitarian State, ironikally kalled " Liberty ". As Ich kan zay, zis ist not neue Informazion fur us in Rheinland. Fur example, few dayz ago, during mein Duty ouzide planet Hamburg, Ich received Dramatik signal aus Bering zyztem. Zat vas ein Journalist, who just tried to make Vay to Rheinland, to make Personalische interviev with unsere Minister of Informazion. He vas interzepted by pair of Libertonische Sekurity Force agenten, und forced to turn bak. His last worden before his ship vas zistroyed by LSF fighteren vas: " We need help! Powell and others are infected by Nomads! I have evidence for this! Please, anyone who can hear me, hel... "
Natürlich, Ich immediately kontakted Nibelung Plaza, but zat vas too late fur help. If zis ist not zufficient ein Proof fur real reasonen of Krieg, Ich kein know vat it kan be. Zat ist Klear Nomaden aus Libertonische Goverment invaded mein peacefully Fatherland fur Intenzion of zistroying Rheinland und Infekting Rheinlanders. Wir vill not allow fur zis! Wir vill fight fur ze last Soldat! Death to Nomaden-kontrolled Liberty!

+++TransmissionEnded+++