Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ADMINS PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ADMINS:

I've had at least two encounters recently where I attempted to RP with a bounty hunter. Both times I ended up being destroyed. I've got no problem with a bounty hunter collecting a legitimate bounty. That's NOT the issue I'm about to address.

The problem is that both these bounty hunters had me on their /ignore list. In both instances (different bounty hunters) they ordered me to "halt" and attempted to converse with me. Unfortunately, my several lines of text attempting to communicate back to them in local and/or system chat went to the void. From one I got a line something like this, "ok you're not responding, so I'll have to do my job." Next thing I know I'm space dust.

In the second instance I experience a similar problem. They CD me, start talking to me, I respond, then I get something about "I'm taking out the silent one." How can I be silent when I've just spewed several lines of text and even asked permission to leave Liberty all together via Magellan?

Here's the solution I recommend. The /ignore command should NOT have the capability of ignoring local or system chat from ANYONE. Local and system chat are required for RP to exist. The /ignore command should only work for private chat to keep people from spamming you with PM.

Here's an example of what could happen:
(Trader has Pirate on /ignore list)
Pirate: Trader, send me 1 million credits and I let you live
Trader: *doesn't hear anything so he doesn't respond*
Pirate: *blows up Trader because he has not responded to his demand*
Trader: *goes on forums and files a sanction report under Rule 6.6 for not making a demand*
ADMINS: *sanctioned Pirate for violating Rule 6.6, after all, the screens provided justify a sanction*
Pirate: *confused and has a hard time proving they're innocent because they forgot to screen the encounter*

Makes you wonder how many people have been sanctioned under Rules 5.2 and 6.6 because the guy/gal that filed the rules violation report had their attacker on /ignore.
if you use /set chattime on any message comes through with a timestamp. Even if you don't get a message. Now to get out of that sanction all you need to do is prove you sent a message. End of. Still your idea holds merit. I'll see what the magical devs can do.
' Wrote:if you use /set chattime on any message comes through with a timestamp. Even if you don't get a message. Now to get out of that sanction all you need to do is prove you sent a message. End of. Still your idea holds merit. I'll see what the magical devs can do.

The way I understand role play is that there's gotta be two-way communication capability between attacker and defender. Reverse the example I gave above. Trader in transport carrying 5000 units of Gold Ore worth something on the order of 50 million credits runs into a Pirate:

(Pirate has Trader on /ignore list)
Pirate: Trader, hand over 2 million credits
Trader: Pirate, will you take 1 million credits instead?
Pirate: *does not hear the Traders counter offer*
Pirate: I see you are non-responsive to my demand *blows up trader*

In this situation, the Trader cannot say that the Pirate didn't make any demands because he clearly did and others around saw the demand. The Trader can plead for his life and offer more credits for the Pirate to stop shooting, but nothing works. The Trader is now out 50 million in Gold Ore and the Pirate can justifyably fly away in good conscience?

Same thing if its a lawful engaging an unlawful. If there's no two-way communication, does RP really exist?
simple solution, turn off ignores. no work for devs to do.
Another solution that works too...Don't be so annoying to people that they feel the need to ignore you.
' Wrote:Another solution that works too...Don't be so annoying to people that they feel the need to ignore you.

Uncalled for.

Change the /Ignore command so it only works over PM's.

That way you can RP in game and You wont recieve those Stupid comments in PM.
Or at the very least give the guy who used /ignore a reminder when in system/proximity of an ignored user/character.

Or else we're just gonna get abuse cases when people hear of this.
I'd recommend PM and systemwide. Spamming on the system channel gets old quick...
' Wrote:The way I understand role play is that there's gotta be two-way communication capability between attacker and defender.

Nope admins have said many times that if a Pirate makes his demand/intentions that the trader can start firing without a word. The piracy demand is initiating RP. The trader is not being nice, but is also not breaking a rule.

' Wrote:Uncalled for.

Change the /Ignore command so it only works over PM's.

That way you can RP in game and You wont recieve those Stupid comments in PM.

No i have Muted 3-4 people over the years because they would not stop spamming in main after they died, and just camped a base.
Muting someone is an extreme response, so if your muted you probably deserved it.
Also keep chattime on at all times like mentioned and no worries about a sanction.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]Lulz. Had something like this happen to me to. Only, it was the server kicked me for whatever reason, respected community member blows me up, I message him to say hey, server kicked me, here I am, 45 seconds after you blew me up. Sanction.

Respected community member had me on their ignore list for, as Jax said here, the faction I was him annoyed me, so he /ignored them.
Pages: 1 2