Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Restart Command List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I am reading the wiki right, and after a few attempts in game, there is still quite a lot of factions that don't have restart command templates.

Discovery Wiki - Server Commands Wrote:Sends you to the main planet of the area you typed in the setting, gives you a fully outfitted CSV and makes you neutral with everyone in that house. Note that the Corsair and Outcast restart commands will make you an enemy to lawfuls. In the case of the miner the command gives you a Basalt (instead of a CSV) and makes you neutral with all the mining factions. This command also resets the characters cash, so be sure not to load it up with cash untill after you use it.

The settings are:

Liberty
Bretonia
Kusari
Rheinland
Gallia
Outcast
Corsair
Miner
Crusader - This command and the one below it were used for a Mk I fighter event in Leeds. They have been disabled following the conclusion of that event.
Dragon - See above.

If this is correct, why don't we add more factions? It would make life so much easier for me to restart as a Bundschuh or Farmers Alliance over flying around bribing everyone that'll cut into my RP time.

Is there a reason why it isn't more thorough?

Thoughts?
+1
actually, i'd like it if /corsair were removed from the list. Corsair is one of the hardest factions to get friendly with, as they have so few friends.

as it stands, we have peeps coming from pvp servers, logging in, typing /corsair, and then undocking from gamma and trying to pewpew the locals... you're a corsair, you're not supposed to shoot other corsairs... but they generally haven't registered on the forums, never mind read the rules.
i am not sure if i like it or not..

a, it would be cool to setup characters in a timely fashion and equip it with a reasonable map..so it would help newbies who don't know how to rep in a specific direction and "oldies" to just safe some time (so more time to really PLAY)

b, it is not cool because it prevents newbies from learning how to rep into a specific direction and "get to know" the area/bases and so on of their whised faction

So hard to decide!!!
It depends, in a way I quite like whizzing around on a recruit ID and a ridiculously weak ship, mapping jumpholes and doing missions if I can't bribe my way to the rep (aerelms guide is very good btw).

On the other hand, I have had a 100+ ships on this server, and it can become somewhat annoying to spend time repping before getting a specific ship, if that ship is the sole purpose of why the specific character was created to begin with.

And also all in all it wont take more than an hour tops to rep a ship with a "difficult" reputation, and with the guard ID's as a requirement for capships out the window I don't really see time spent repping as that much of a problem.