Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Niceness
Is that an atmospheric jet? Or a spaceship?

If the former, I don't understand the dual exhausts from the engine manifolds.

Other than that not bad, but you've gotta make ALL the leading edges smooth and aerodynamic. You'd have no problems in space though.
Meant to be aerial craft, project to be made for school.
I am not very much aknowlaged in all aerodynamic characteristics, so it is more of an artwork rather than physical model.
Basically, if its blocky at the front, its not going to fly.
I have frontal render to explain
[color=#FFFFFF]Awesome, but raise the V-tail a little bit, it wouldn't well as it is at high speeds
' Wrote:[color=#FFFFFF]Awesome, but raise the V-tail a little bit, it wouldn't well as it is at high speeds

Not sure, it supposed to be as height controller...But making it horizontal will block nozzles, and raising it does not look well.
' Wrote:Not sure, it supposed to be as height controller...But making it horizontal will block nozzles, and raising it does not look well.

[color=#FFFFFF]Oh right, so it's just mean as elevators not a V-tail (which is combined rudder-elevator design).

What I meant by my comment. At high speeds (approaching Mach 1) the aircraft is subjected to something called compressibility. The air starts compressing at the leading edge of the wing thus creating shock waves and thus disrupting the airflow over the control surfaces in your case the elevators. Perhaps this will help you with your design. Again it looks cool.
Pages: 1 2 3