Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: acting like your iff?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi folks,

i am a hessian id/iff guy and got killed by an indy pirate with hessian iff?! i attacked his friend which was an pirate id freelancer iff dude.

i never shoot at the hessian guy because i always try to act like my iff told me....

is this just weird or against rules?

Quote:Note: IDs may contain restrictions/allowances which conflict with the rules. In these cases, the ID overrides
the rules.

and the pirate ID says:

Quote: You are a Pirate! who:

- Can demand cargo and credits from lawful and unlawful ships, and attack them if they do not comply.
- Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats.

so yes, pirate ID-ed players can attack a hessian if their attack based on roleplay issues for sure.
Are you asking if the rule about IFF matching ID was broken? Both are unlawful, but RH can hunt pirates so having a pirate with RH IFF is a problem there. I would think so but I don't know the answer.

Weell... don't really know about that, since you've attacked first, but, afaik, there was a rule (not a written one?) that you should not engage "green" targets.

But since it was sort of a self-defense for them (did he try to reason with you, saying something like "we work for hessians" etc?), that rule might not apply
IFF is supposed to be how others see you. ID is who you trully are. Here you go pirates using cover of Freelancer IFF.
It is another OORP lolwut hiding behind IFF. The entire server is basically saying thee hell with RP. Lets get the ship/ID/IFF that allows us to be the biggest asshats in game, and get away with it.

Tell RHA they will rape the guy and his pal. Or place a large bounty. The pirate ID is busted. All itis right now is an Abuse the system ID. People claim ID is OORP, should follow the IFF, then asshats pull this crap. I bet if you attacked him claiming he was a pirate, he would claim to be Hessien.
Greetings.

You as Hessian engaged that Freelancing Pirate for whatever reasons.

Now did then that other Hessian Pirate showed up and attacked you? Or was he present when you engaged "them"?
Via his ID he had all rights to fight you, it is a little bit weird, but it sometimes happens.
Even we as official faction once hunted down other even Hessian IDed players for attacking our allies (the IMG).

I don't know what reasons that other pirate had to engage you, but mind that you can always file a report to the official faction if you feel that pirate was acting strange (you also have access to our MD, it's public).

Regards,
Talesin

Edit:
Or to clarify: It's not forbidden to shoot at the same IFF if justified. This is a RP server after all.
Well I spose if they were actually together he had quite a good reason. The only issue is the IFF "clash" I spose would be the best word.

Unless we get some way that forces your IFF to match your ID I spose this issue will continue to exist.
If you have a factions iff that means you are probably very freindly with that faction. Pirate id with hessian iff would rp-wise be considered most likely a hessian sympathiser.

Attacking someone though when your rep is flat green to that faction is wrong, and people have been gotten smacked for it before.

From the details provided, his actions are oorp at best, though chances are hes either an arse or another pirate who doesent read rules.
Perhaps he accidentally got the IFF? It happens all the time to people w/o a set IFF.

He's prolly just an independent pirate who shot to many NPCs while sitting at a lane in Rheinland.

Oh and ryoken... Relax dude.
Pages: 1 2