Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboats balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Quote:I'm not so sure about the basis of your argument here. The gunship's hull is lighter than any other gunboat and the cargo space is somewhat small. So it could be argued that the gunship sacrifices hull and cargo space for a similiar sized power plant shared by the other gunboat models. And the gunship has no hull-busting front gun. I have a battlerazor on mine. It's workable, but it's no hull-buster of great renown.

My basis is that it's size is comparable with Spatial and Barghest. And they don't have a 500k power supply.
Doesn't make any sense, would you agree?
Bigger size = more power.

Quote:I have a sneaking suspicion, that many of the people voting to nerf GBs, prefer their fighters over any capship. And flying fighters is a demonstration of "superior rp". Thus "adjusting" GBs is in their interests. Just a hunch.

Nah. I also flown a Blood Dragon HF and I did complain about it's uberness.
I also did fly a Catamaran and I did complain about it's uberness.
I'm not an anti-cap crusader as you might think.
Balance crusader? Mayhaps.

But the fact is that most GB's are overpowered compared to both Cruisers and Battleships.
That's why I said 'sigworthy!'.
"Liberty GB, despite its numerous turrets for its size isn't all that good"

WHAT?!? Just because SkyShark cant take on your godboat Doom, doesnt mean its 'not that good.' /girlyhuff

Anyway... For forward-bottom turret on the lib GB looks RIDICULOUS. If it needs a nerf, (which I dont mind about really, I mean fair enough about the more turrets thing) take that one off.

Oh, and FYI, GB shields regen is too high. No arguing! It is! Reduce to 2000 or less.

P.S. The KU GB isn't rubbish as you all seem to make out, its much smaller than the Lib one and it used to have LESS guns.

P.S.S. You bunch of choobs.:P

EDIT: EDITED ABOUT 5 TIMES
The BH GS has a cargo space of 280. That means it can't mount any cap armor upgrades.

It also has a low hull of 55.000. 55.000*2.5=137500. That is the "average" hull strength of any other gunboat without any armor upgrade.
This also means it has "only" 250 shield batteries. That is enough for 3/4 of the complete shield - not a single full refill.

I fly the ship since the beta. I have fought a lot of battles with this ship. (Or'dinii[M] if you wonder - yes that's me.) If you loose your 1 3/4 loads of your shield, the battle is as good as lost against most ships.

If you can't keep the shield up there is nearly no hull that could take any damage. A single supernova hit and it is over.

Mjolnir you say you fought 2 falcatas 2 sabres and a lunchbox at the same time and they could not defeat you?

I am sorry but then they really sucked. Were they all flying in a bunch shooting themselves? Did they have any tactic or something like that? Please tell me how you managed to fight 5 ships and survived that.

There can be tough times against two fighters, not to speak of three. Seriously why don't you fighter and bomber pilots split up and attack from different angles/directions/times as the =CR= does?

The BH GS is very agile. But it needs that agility to survive. With less guns it takes longer to take down an enemy ship. That means that your opponent has more time to hit you. Now think of shooting (or should I say itching) a corsair bomber with MKVIII with 5 guns.

[Rant]
But really: Just because there are a few good pilots out there who can handle their ships very well and know how to use their ships and the equipment they have mounted there is no reason to nerf everything.

"Wow, look at this pilot, have you just seen what he has done!?"
"Yes, oh wow. That was strong. That really needs to be nerfed."

"Man, fighting this one is really hard, don't you agree?"
"Yes I do. That needs to be nerfed seriously."

Are you guys actually playing the game/mod or just looking for the next "nerf-worthy" thing you find?
[/Rant]
' Wrote:My experience in the BHG GS is being useless against cruisers and up - even with cerbs, being decent against fighters and pretty good against bombers if you can dodge their infernos. The armoring on the GS is so low that once you're out of bats you need to run or you're pretty much doomed to die. The firepower is a bit too low on it to be useful against anything larger than a medium-sized gunboat.

ive taken out a rhienland cruiser alone in my merc gunship (and mind u, the cruiser had a mk 7, while i had a mk 8), and using only 4 turrets (3 img, and 1 cerb), since i have 2 missile turrets as well. i killed the cruiser witout even breaking into my b/b. the fight i had with a talarca, i had to use my b/b cuz i made stupid mistakes, ive even killed an outcast destroyer with a cap mk 8, without loasing even 1 bar of hull. the BH gunship is too uber, and even i have to agree.

i tested with mjolnir, in my cat. i took his gunship head on, with his missiles and everything to see how effective a lone bomber is. lemme tell u summit. a lone bomber stands absolutely no chance against a gunship, unless hes an absolutely uber pilot(bomber), and every shot he fires, hits.

i managed to take down the gunship's shield with a razor + sn combo, in 3 passes, but if i missed even once, it took 2 passes to take down the shield to do any decent damage (remember, i use 4 archangels, which can pack a punch on gunships with mk 8s as well)

so, all in all, the BH gunship either needs to go, or have a decrease in maneuverability, or increase and size, or changeing of turret hard points.

the rhienland gunboat, agreed should have a helluva lot of armour, but currently, its about as useful as a starflea taking on BHG dessie patrols in delta, with nomads attacking the starflea as well. it needs a slight agility boost.

1 havent tried the IMG gb, so i cant comment, though ive fought one, and i can say, if u take the gb head on, ure nuts. that thing is so flat, most shots will easily miss.

i fly a Lib gb, and i fight against em on a regular basis, and one thing i dont seem to agree on is, that it not really hard to supernova a lib gb, ive hit every shot ive ever fired on the hull/shield of the lib, gb. honestly, ive never found it hard to hit it with a sn (this is in a bd bomber, falcata, and a taiidan, which has a bit of a weird torp thing)

apart from that, id say everything is about right to wha mjolnir stated.

EDIT: oh and flo, the BHG gunship can mount a cap mk 8, since it takes up 250 cargo space, the cap mk 7s and lower take up 300 carrgo space. i know, cuz i have a cap mk 8 mounted on mine.

oh and i kinda am falling on flo's side of the arguement. you seem to be finding too many faults with certain gbs, and their equipment too (see: missiles)
' Wrote:The BH GS has a cargo space of 280. That means it can't mount any cap armor upgrades.

Say that to the Cap 8 I have on mine!!!!! That takes 250 cargo space :rtfm:

About armor.. you know as well as all survival lies in shield.

Quote:Mjolnir you say you fought 2 falcatas 2 sabres and a lunchbox at the same time and they could not defeat you?

I am sorry but then they really sucked. Were they all flying in a bunch shooting themselves? Did they have any tactic or something like that? Please tell me how you managed to fight 5 ships and survived that.

It was in an asteroid field... and the Corsair GB had only basic turrets. But yes I never got hit by any SN.. only infernos and guns... I insta-killed both sabres with missiles.. and disarmed both bombers. Oh and they are all very much average pilots.

Quote: That means that your opponent has more time to hit you. Now think of shooting (or should I say itching) a corsair bomber with MKVIII with 5 guns.
Itching!!! 3-4 salvos down the shield... 2-3 missile volleys disarm it... One less turret makes virtually no difference against fighters.

Quote:Are you guys actually playing the game/mod or just looking for the next "nerf-worthy" thing you find?

Yes we are actually playing the game... there are many people around that agreed about this one beeing overpowered compared to other GBs.
:

the capital ship armor 8 only "weighs" 200 ( others are 300, so you re correct )

but if you want to spend 20million on the ship, 10 million on the weapons and 850million on the armor ( gosh, isn t that - i don t call it ooRP, but .. outright mental , no offense meant:P) - i guess you can expect some effect.

anyway, i think the BHG gunship isn t outright godly. it is good, - in fact, better than most other gunships, - but nothing that needs great nerfing. adjusting the energy may be ok - but then, adjusting the energy on all gunships may have to be done. - i remember all GBs that i had to be able to regenerate while shooting all turrets ( i hardly ever mount anything but basic turrets )
' Wrote:anyway, i think the BHG gunship isn t outright godly. it is good, - in fact, better than most other gunships, - but nothing that needs great nerfing.

Read the first post.. I suggested removing one turret.. or making it rear-fire only. While keeping everything else... will be same good against fighters and bombers, while beeing less good against gbs and up.
This is the first time I saw this, don't want to read for 2 hours.. BUT, I think the Lib GB needs a major nerf.. It has a TON of firepower, good agility, and hard-to-hit profile, along with a forward gun.. If it keeps the forward gun, give it about 5 turrets, not 7.. Kusari GB has a forward gun that sucks, 4 turrets that fire forward and a turret that shoots backwards only.. Lib GB has a 360 degree firing forward gun, along with 6 360 degree turrets and 1 backward firing one.. Along with 110k armor while the Kusari one has about 95k..
a rear only firing turret appears OK. - in the end, it ll be like the kusari GB then. - but is it really small? - half the size of the lane hackers gunship? - it allways appeared as if the lane hackers GS was really really small - and half the size would be...... a starflier?
"Lib GB has a 360 degree firing forward gun"

No it doesnt, its fire arc has been adjusted more like the RH GB.

And don't knock 2 turrets off it because the KU GB sucks please. Thats just mean.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18