Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tips for light bomber use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a light bomber, and I want to learn how to kill other snubs in pvp. I know the SNAC is probably more suited for this task, but I get a nerf with this particular ship, so it takes ages before I can fire a SNAC again. So I want to ask any PVP-kings out there if there is a technique to hit other snubs with novas when jousting?
' Wrote:I have a light bomber, and I want to learn how to kill other snubs in pvp. I know the SNAC is probably more suited for this task, but I get a nerf with this particular ship, so it takes ages before I can fire a SNAC again. So I want to ask any PVP-kings out there if there is a technique to hit other snubs with novas when jousting?

adjust ID to get better powercore! Which bomber are you talking about by the way?

Snac shotting is like being a Sniper best to do it when the target shields are down and before you do it hold your breath. With time your aim will get better, using Novas against a Snub is both useless and Noobish unless they are a noob to get hit by it. But whatever you do you cannot fight effectively as a SNACCER if your powercore is ****e especially bombers like the Mamoru as even with 100% powercore they take forever to recharge anyway
GC Orchid on an Outcast ID, nerfed to 90%.

It takes forever to load up the snac, so I think I am going to use a nova and then get 2 energy guns on it instead of all shield breakers, and put my faith in nuclear mines and a bit of damage from the energy guns if I run into a snub. I think the snac'ing of snubs might be out of my league, although I have been killed several times by people who were absolute pros snac'ing snubs. Just thought a light bomber would be the ship to fly for that.

The ship is very good at running though, just got chased by two Xenos, and they had a hard time hitting me with anything but missiles while I was fleeing. Hit-and-run might be my only real option.
' Wrote:The ship is very good at running though, just got chased by two Xenos, and they had a hard time hitting me with anything but missiles while I was fleeing. Hit-and-run might be my only real option.
Unless you're dueling somebody, that's 99% of what happens anyway. Dump SNAC then run around evading while core recharges.
To be honest, Snub PVP on disco kinda sux anyway compared vanilla FL, theres no skill with all these Mini Razor fighters and SNACing bombers and ppl shield running makes me sick and pvp lasts an hour when it should last max 5mins. So I just Cap Whore, think you should too. And i understand what you mean by the Orchid core takes forever to recharge just like the mamoru it makes the fight boring.

Discovery is not really a PVP server even the options for pvp load outs really sux thx to Devs and all the silly things they invented. Disco is really a cap whore server, coz when you cap whore the fighting time is more realistic and dont take 1 hour.
Hmm it's just I see some people being very much bad-asses snac'ing snubs to death super fast. I want to do that too :-) And I just got my first mouse a couple of months ago (yea been playing with touchpad only for years) and I think it is more fun piloting snubs now - but you are right snub vs snub takes way too long and often the loser is the one loses concentration/gets bored of the fight first. I still like cruisers though, but if I was awesome at pvp I think bombers would always be my weapon of choice. Oh well, practice I guess - and not trying to use novas against snubs:-)
get a buddy to be a punching bag for you and practice on him
its ashame I remember the days of the Vanilla Eagle with a Tizona a Kraken and 4 nomad blasters, and ppl would pvp for hours with fights lasting max 5 - 6mins. no one ever shield ran or did any other noob crap that alot of snubs do on here.

Cannon FIX PVP
' Wrote:To be honest, Snub PVP on disco kinda sux anyway compared vanilla FL, theres no skill with all these Mini Razor fighters and SNACing bombers and ppl shield running makes me sick and pvp lasts an hour when it should last max 5mins. So I just Cap Whore, think you should too. And i understand what you mean by the Orchid core takes forever to recharge just like the mamoru it makes the fight boring.

Discovery is not really a PVP server even the options for pvp load outs really sux thx to Devs and all the silly things they invented. Disco is really a cap whore server, coz when you cap whore the fighting time is more realistic and dont take 1 hour.

First - there is much skill in pvp on disco and I know people here who will pwn you within 5 minutes even if you shield run. So skill DOES matter
Second - Mini Razors and SNACing bombers against snubs are effective if you are a noob and atack them straight ahead without proper dodging.
Third - Disco is a RP server but PvP is balanced enough to have fun in both fighters and caps and mixed units too DEFINITLY it's not a cap based server AND DEFINITLY the fights between caps are not to take 3 minutes while you charge frontaly with your BS against 3 Valors and die in the process. Try atacking a dessie I bet it would take much longer and in the end you would die.

BACK to the topic - bombers against caps -> Shield Down - SNAC , EVADE EVADE LOAD POWER EVADE EVADE , Shield Down - SNAC

It's good to go with at least one fighter/bomber back up to get the other one kill the shiled for you.
Another good trick I've found with the Orchid (which I'm sure is true of any bomber) is never to keep trying to use the SNAC. I feel like sometimes it glitches and won't fire when it normally would have if you hadn't kept trying to fire it. Be patient.

The other REALLY good thing to do if you're going up against fighters is to go all Energy turrets instead of EMP. A lot of people forget how much damage they do and you can catch them by surprise with a SNAC after they've been dodging your regular guns for a long time.
Pages: 1 2