Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Oh god I hate NPC's with unlimited cargo hold!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
always happy to kick a man when he's down =P
tenacity, your sig, epic:crazy:
Can I ask a *hugely* stupid question?
Why not kill him an take it back, then worry about fixing rep later, when you're not a few hundred mil down?
Heck no! D'ye think I hung around with -that- in my hold? Hightailed it to Beaumont an' found me a buyer! Gonna live out the rest o' me life sippin' pina coladas out on Curacao. Thanks for the break kid!

- Rod Hammer

... funniness aside, dropping cargo to space is at your own risk. The junker CSVs have 500 cargo space available to them, so they can nick that armor if they're empty. Any NPC will try to pick up any floating cargo if they have space for it. Bats, bots, ammo, cargo, and yes, ship equipment.
And, as far as I know, the equipment does not drop if you kill them..
' Wrote:... funniness aside, dropping cargo to space is at your own risk. The junker CSVs have 500 cargo space available to them, so they can nick that armor if they're empty. Any NPC will try to pick up any floating cargo if they have space for it. Bats, bots, ammo, cargo, and yes, ship equipment.

It's even funnier when they circle around said items but have no tractor beam with which to pick them up.
' Wrote:Can I ask a *hugely* stupid question?
Why not kill him an take it back, then worry about fixing rep later, when you're not a few hundred mil down?

I tried to, but the ship I changed to was a slow Slave Liner, I had to turn the ship around before I could CD him, and by that time Rod was long gone with my stuff.
' Wrote:And, as far as I know, the equipment does not drop if you kill them..
If it's not mounted equipment (something they picked up in space) it'll drop when they pop.
' Wrote:It's even funnier when they circle around said items but have no tractor beam with which to pick them up.
There's ships that do that? Kindly report that to the bugs thread, that's a loadout issue that needs fixing. Could be a lag-inducing glitch that.
i'll recall that npc for a full report
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5