Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dock Raping Allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:i'm not sure i understand the undocking rule. your still invulnerable until you have control of your ship....after that, at what point are you considered no longer undocking?
I think jumping a player right after he/she have undocked isn't very nice. You should allow the person time to understand what's going on outside so she can at least react. Even though you are invulnerable the whole way out you're also "blind" as you have no sensor indications as to who's around you, only eyeball. I think you should give the person the chance to understand what's going on first, that would mean not firing right after the shields come up (what coincides with the ship being free from the cinematic and the player having access again to the ship's sensors).

I'd say at least give the person something around 3-5 seconds after he/she undocks before you open fire. I think that's plenty of time for someone to have some fair understanding of what's going on.
Giving someone a moment to get their bearings in considered honourable, its really confusing to undock then get instakilled by a bomber, before you even know theres a fight going on.
' Wrote:I think jumping a player right after he/she have undocked isn't very nice. You should allow the person time to understand what's going on outside so she can at least react. Even though you are invulnerable the whole way out you're also "blind" as you have no sensor indications as to who's around you, only eyeball. I think you should give the person the chance to understand what's going on first, that would mean not firing right after the shields come up (what coincides with the ship being free from the cinematic). Problem with this is that it really depends on what's going on. I'd say at least give the person something around 5 seconds after he/she undocks before you open fire. I think that's plenty of time for someone to have some fair understanding of what's going on.

even though Mon'Star is evil incarnate i usually will give them a few seconds after i see their shields come up to notice my big red name glaring at them. i'll sometimes even wait until i see them steering around before i fire
' Wrote:even though Mon'Star is evil incarnate i usually will give them a few seconds after i see their shields come up to notice my big red name glaring at them. i'll sometimes even wait until i see them steering around before i fire
Then really deep down Mon'Star is a good person.;)

Or at least Dreygon surely is.
' Wrote:if you're viewing another player you can shoot them as soon as you see their shields come up.

Actually not.. this is shield killing and if he kept pressing the SS button.. or had fraps on you get sanctioned...

by this logic you could simply 1-2 instant kill him... and there are many possible ways to do that.
My general rule of thumb is if you see/hear no shooting you should be ok, if you see/hear weapons firing, be ready to dodge like hell as soon as you get control back.

The other thing is... if I'm someone undocks, I wait until I know they've got control and are moving around before I say something, only once they've replied/started to cruise do I fire.
' Wrote:Actually not.. this is shield killing and if he kept pressing the SS button.. or had fraps on you get sanctioned...

by this logic you could simply 1-2 instant kill him... and there are many possible ways to do that.
o.O I don't know what shield killing is and I've never seen it in the rules. In any case I wasn't saying I do this, i just thought that was the soonest you could fire.
' Wrote:o.O I don't know what shield killing is and I've never seen it in the rules. In any case I wasn't saying I do this, i just thought that was the soonest you could fire.
Problem is, before that you can't really kill the guy, so "dock killing" is about shooting (or managing the kill for that matter) right after the shields went up. It's about taking the opportunity to kill someone when they aren't yet ready to defend themselves.
off course I meant dock-killing (raping..) :)
If someone is running from you and attempts to dock and you popem before they enter the sequence, well their fault for trying to dock under fire. I get yelled at and threatened with sanctions for it every once in a while by upset fragile players.

Killing someone without announcing in some way while they are docking is just general bad form.
Pages: 1 2 3