Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Character name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot add the letter "L" to a character name when creating my character online.
As such, I cannot use the screenname I've been using for a while -Xylant-
Is this just my installation or can anybody else create names with L in them?
The issue has been coming up alot as of late. Check your keybindings, L should be attached to something in the HUD area, remap it and see if that works... if that doesn't try holding down L... or afterwards use a renameme command, you can use the L there for sure.
press and hold the 'L' key until it spams.

Or you can go to your options > controls> and remove the 'L' from any slots you have it saved as. Remove meaning, don't use the 'L' as a control key.
Thanks, can't believe I didn't think of that. >.<
I have it working as I want it to, although I've also noticed that the HUD disappears sometimes when I'm on a planet so I can't click on anything and F1 doesn't bring up the menu either. Is there a button that does that that I'm hitting without realizing or is that a bug?
' Wrote:Thanks, can't believe I didn't think of that. >.<
I have it working as I want it to, although I've also noticed that the HUD disappears sometimes when I'm on a planet so I can't click on anything and F1 doesn't bring up the menu either. Is there a button that does that that I'm hitting without realizing or is that a bug?

L is probably binded to the "Hide HUD" option under the user interface tab of the Controls. If your HUD poffs, press L and see what happens.
' Wrote:L is probably binded to the "Hide HUD" option under the user interface tab of the Controls. If your HUD poffs, press L and see what happens.
Entirely right, that is what it was bound to. Fixed that now, thanks.
' Wrote:Entirely right, that is what it was bound to. Fixed that now, thanks.

Happy to help.