Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Order ID Restriction and the Resheph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
So, the New Order ID States:

Quote:The Order

Pilot carrying this ID is enlisted in the Order who:

- Can demand Artifacts, Nomad equipment and remains, levy fines, and destroy ships if they refuse to comply with demands within the Omicrons, Omegas, Alaska and Tohoku.
- Can hunt pirates and terrorists within the Omicrons and Omegas.
- May not bring a vessel cruiser sized or larger into any system containing a jumpgate with exception of Alaska.
- Can freely engage Nomad, Wild and BHG Core players.
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships.

The highlighted part is what I'm referring to. Currently, we cannot bring caps into space with Jump Gates. The Order| is mostly happy with that, as it has curbed the incursions of Order capitals raiding Liberty.

But, I said mostly.

This new ID rule castrates the roleplay of our cruiser, the Resheph, which is specifically made for one thing: Recon. Unfortunately, this roleplay, and specific use, is near-impossible to do now. There is only so many times you can recon the Omicrons and Omegas. We used to have a recon cruiser up in the Taus, and one down in the Omegas/Bretonia, to help keep an eye on the Outcasts/Wilde/Nomad activity in such regions. But now, we can't move them past the Omegas. There's no clear path, as all systems we need to go through to reach such places have Jump Gates. If there is, then do tell.

Thus, this is my request, which was approved by Omicron, the Faction leader.

The Order would like an exception set on the ID regarding the Resheph, and the Resheph ONLY, allowing it full use of the Order ZoI for the purpose it was made for: Recon. While this can lead the an inevitable Resheph-spam, the Resheph is supremely inferior when facing any of the house Destroyer/Battlecruisers.

This request is to open up more roleplay for our fleet (which is small) and allow us to keep a better eye on the hotspots with more suitable equipment, as you can only do so much with a Hathor.

Due to the inferior fighting capability one 1 on 1 combat, along with the turret nerf it was given, as well as not many are really in use (in comparison to the Osiris/Geb), I think the chances of abuse are there, but are worth it. It gives the Order|, which currently field around 5 Cruisers at least (Spectre, Ghost Eye, Sarcophagus, Hieroglyph, and Hamunaptra), two of which were assigned to the Taus/Omegas (Spectre was in the Taus, with the Ghost Eye in the Omegas), their ability to keep a better eye on the activity of their enemies, and the militaries of the Houses. This also allows the independent Reshephs who roleplayed similar activites to resume such things, instead of sitting around doing nothing. Their roleplay was castrated this mod, as they had been pulled back due to the roleplay regarding Minor's fall and the recall of all forces.

So, a revised ID might look like this.

Quote:The Order

Pilot carrying this ID is enlisted in the Order who:

- Can demand Artifacts, Nomad equipment and remains, levy fines, and destroy ships if they refuse to comply with demands within the Omicrons, Omegas, Alaska and Tohoku.
- Can hunt pirates and terrorists within the Omicrons and Omegas.
- May not bring a vessel cruiser sized or larger into any system containing a Human-made jumpgate with exception of Alaska; The sole exception is the Resheph Reconnaissance Cruiser, which may only engage in combat in self defense or in the defense of an ally.
- Can freely engage Nomad, Wild and BHG Core players (Including the Resheph Cruiser when in House Space).
- Cannot participate in unlawful actions except as described above.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships.

I believe adding the "may only engage in self defense" and the following parts can help curb abuse and also promote the roleplay of the cruiser; it is there to monitor, and should rarely, if ever, enter combat.

This reques has been approved by the Overwatch members: Rodent, Omicron.
You use cruisers for recon? Really?
' Wrote:You use cruisers for recon? Really?

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Resheph

Funny, says Reconnaissance at the top, and that's what me, as well as most of the current leadership want to use it for. And what we used it for before 4.86.

Now, could you NOT be sarcastic, and leave GENUINE feedback, instead of leaving comments that are wholly unneeded?

Thank you.
I also suggest editing it to "Human made jumpgates" since that also forbids order caps from entering Iota, and other nomad infested systems.
' Wrote:I also suggest editing it to "Human made jumpgates" since that also forbids order caps from entering Iota, and other nomad infested systems.

I didnt even think of that.

Not that we would, since that's suicide. We''d send fighters, as they can move alot quicker and with less chance of detection, but I'll add that...

OMFG

Minor.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

EDIT:

I still added it. Better safe then sorry, no?
' Wrote:I also suggest editing it to "Human made jumpgates" since that also forbids order caps from entering Iota, and other nomad infested systems.
no it doesnt count. Alien gates dont count.

Have some common sense, pancakes.

:
I like that exception. Releases more RP throughout Sirius, though I never knew it had Reseph floating by around. Like you said, Reseph spam is more likely to happen. I'll stand by.

Those things will be even more interesting once cloak comes about... Having CMs and Cloaking ability still...

I personally think the Order ZOI needs to be expanded back to, or close to how it was in .85

Their activity is lacking as it was even then.
' Wrote:Those things will be even more interesting once cloak comes about... Having CMs and Cloaking ability still...

I personally think the Order ZOI needs to be expanded back to, or close to how it was in .85

Their activity is lacking as it was even then.

Our ZoI didnt really change, just the ZoI of our capitals.
Quote:which may only engage in combat in self defense or in the defense of an ally.
Add this to the Outcast ID and enter New York with a Storta. Guess what changes? Right, nothing. Everyone shoots you, time to shoot back. You can attack someone just by breaching into the protected ZOI. It is hypocrite to put a "can only engage in self defense" if you are already acting aggressive and just waiting for the first shots being fired upon you to be able to "defend yourself" rulewise.

edit: ok I had the feeling to add something more constructive as well.
It is kind of unfair that some IDs have a limited ZOI for caps while others have not. However the Order is a faction that's based in the border worlds making them different to factions that are not. So let them have a restriction compareable to the Zoners.

This is my proposal:
instead of
Quote:May not bring a vessel cruiser sized or larger into any system containing a jumpgate with exception of Alaska.
this one
Quote:May not bring a vessel cruiser sized or larger into House Space with exception of Alaska.
Would this be an acceptable compromise?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12