Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Weird router issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what is going on, but about a month ago, maybe two my router started acting up. My internet would just cut out randomly and I would have to go and reset it at least once every two days. As of late things seem to have been getting worse, usually cutting out at least twice a day but now I am graced with periods of impressive connection lag which the game's ping feature rated at nearly 30% loss and chat text lagging minutes behind when it was sent in the game chat.

I am posting this from the library so I can't give exact router specs at the moment, but this is really starting to get annoying and I may not have enough money to replace the router (car's making weird sounds, that is gonna cost something to fix)... so anyone have a good idea of what is going on or how I can fix this without replacing the router?
Turn it off, let it stay off for a bit, then reset it to factory defaults, then change your settings that you need to.

If that doesn't fix it, then honestly there's not much hope - it's dying and on the way out. Typical lifespan on a router is 3 - 5 years, maybe a little more if you're always running power through a UPS for it, less if you're in an area that gets lots of power blips.

We sell a 150N wireless router for $45, and a regular wired one for $30, so if you're here in the U.S., let me know - I can help a bit on price. (I'm not shilling for my employer, simply trying to help a fellow disco-ite if possible.)