Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Web Browsers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I finally did it. I finally betrayed my beloved Firefox and picked up Opera.

Needless to say, I am impressed. This thing is smooth. Really smooth. It's fast, it's minimalist, and it's clean (and surprisingly intuitive for a thing this small). My only gripe so far: No Spellcheck. Does anybody know if there's some kind of plug-in I can get for this thing that will put a spell-checker on it? A couple of Googles turned up nothing.
Your google skills are inadequate, Eppy!

http://www.opera.com/support/tutorials/o...pellcheck/
I'll need a spellchecker... For the hundreds of screenshots I'll eventually release into Flood.

Blodo knows what I am talking about.
I've just discovered an interesting feature of Opera's popup-blocker.

It blocks itself:lol:
I have been rotating browsers myself for the last 3-4 weeks, tried FireFox's beta, OK, but it's still Firefox. I just got done with Opera. Some very neat little features, but the no spell check thing did kinda bother me a bit until I got the plug-in. The Speed Dial option is nice, used it a lot.

But I just downloaded Safari. Except for the fact you can't skin it (or my Google skills are less than previously anticipated), the thing is great. If you think Opera is quick, Safari blows it out of the water. I was amazed, even if it's an Apple product.
It's an Apple product. It's as close to non-configurable as you can get, you can pretty much only use it out of the box. Or am I missing something here?

Also somehow I still find Opera generally less clunky than Safari which seems to freeze for me every now and again 0_o
im fine with IE7. Annoying when it crashes, but I hate adapting myself to new interface.

I find Opera MUCH more convenient than any other browser when you like to frequent lots of sites. The tabs that you open up stay open until closed, even if you close the brower or restart the computer. I currently have 16 tabs running, and it's only using 144.6 mb of RAM.
Ahh Opera..i was recommended it a while back in 2007, tried it out and it was good too..
I used Opera. Now I use Firefox. >.
Pages: 1 2