Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vigilante ID?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that the Vigilante ID is one of the many IDs that were just changed to Freelancer IDs. However, I'm still wondering, are these rules still in effect if you buy the ID that used to be the Vigilante ID (the one with the Eagle that costs $1 million)? And if so, what kind of equipment is allowed with the Vigilante ID? The tech chart pretty much limits a vigilante to civilian and Zoner weaponry, but what if you're playing as a vigilante with a Bounty Hunters' Guild IFF? What equipment would you be able to use then considering that the rules of the ID say that your equipment must reflect your tag?
The vigilante ID is completely gone. There are only Freelancers.

The Wiki is not a rules source, only a reference.
Alright, so if I were to use a Freelancer ID and have a Bounty Hunters' Guild IFF, would I still basically be able to act as a vigilante?

And as a side note, what is the point of all the different Freelancer IDs?
' Wrote:Alright, so if I were to use a Freelancer ID and have a Bounty Hunters' Guild IFF, would I still basically be able to act as a vigilante?
You can use one of the corporate IDs to hunt various types of pirates. Also some of the others like Zoner let you defend any lawful trader you see being attacked. If you want to go around killing all kinds of criminals you will need to sign up on the various lawful bounty boards and hunt them that way.

Quote:And as a side note, what is the point of all the different Freelancer IDs?
The ID objects should have been merged when the text was merged, its just leftover cruft
' Wrote:If you want to go around killing all kinds of criminals you will need to sign up on the various lawful bounty boards and hunt them that way.

So I've noticed there aren't really any contracts on the bounty boards for the areas that I planned to operate in as a freelancer, so I was wondering, would I be able to advertise and offer my services on the bounty boards in my own thread, or am I only permitted to sign up in threads about posted bounties?
' Wrote:So I've noticed there aren't really any contracts on the bounty boards for the areas that I planned to operate in as a freelancer, so I was wondering, would I be able to advertise and offer my services on the bounty boards in my own thread, or am I only permitted to sign up in threads about posted bounties?

Some people have done such service as you can read here
Every thread with the title "Vigilante ID" makes me cry so much. Pls qq ow my poor eyes