Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unlawfull mining
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As somebody who prefers the unlawfull side of roleplay on this server, I hereby promote and idea. There are a lot of factions who get mining bonus but unfortunately all of the "best drop rate owners" are lawfull guys. There are the mollies who get bonus on gold mining, but lower than BMM. The junkers are the only one faction who have privilege on scrap drop rate, however they arent a really unlawfull group.

I think, choosing some unlawfull factions and giving them privilege about mining drop rate could raise the roleplay/activity a lot.

Discuss

Thanks
Why mine something you can take?
EDIT: Purely from RP point of view. Pirates have limited resources more or less, so why waste them on additional equipment and ships, if you have someone doing the job for you....why not just take it.
' Wrote:Why mine something you can take?
EDIT: Purely from RP point of view. Pirates have limited resources more or less, so why waste them on additional equipment and ships, if you have someone doing the job for you....why not just take it.

Sure Spazz, you are right, if we are talking about independent pirates. They can use force, to take those ores from the miners.

I'm thinking about anything else. There are complete empires on the unlawfulls side, sniffers or cannibals for example but they are lack in roleplay potentials. Be a pirate or a smuggler. That is fine but as I realised they could be a little bit boring without any expansion.

Mining is just an option, the real reason behnid this idea, to expand the unlawfull roleplay.

"Mineable" artifacts for 'Sairs or something like that for several unlawfull factions could shake a bit those factions.

Well, concerning Sairs and Casts, should we view them as Pirates and are they Unlawful? They are practically mini houses with their own trade networks and fleets, so perhaps we should view them as houses which are hostile to the other ones, more or less.

The reason for the above is that thinking that the two have mining operations is more or less self-understandable. In other words, the Casts and Sairs can and should have mining spots, but the 'smaller' groups, I don't know...

It will be the same as with the other IDs with bonuses. Give them mining spots, but they will still go mostly for the most profitable ones and if you add an unlawful one with the same yields and price tag, then there would be much more unlawful players as well, good thing or not, that would be an individual opinion.
Right now it is fine. You cannot be a pirate and miner at the same time- it makes you a bit too powerful, however having a bit worst bonus then the main mining factions would be ok- now it is so bad that there is no reason to mine, corsairs, mollys and hessians got mining bonuses.
' Wrote:"Mineable" artifacts for 'Sairs or something like that for several unlawfull factions could shake a bit those factions.
Uh...what?

Corsairs *can* mine artifacts.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=115115

Okhai, it looks like I wasnt well-informed about mining bonuses, since sairs can mine artifacts at the moment.

I agree, that could make some group overpowered, however at the moment I see no reason to mine with unlawfull characters.
Omega-11 can be mined by Hessians. Sure, drops are not like they were, it was 2.5x compared to 3.0x of daumanns once, but hey, that's still something.
Unlawfuls can mine traders.

You won't find a more profitable mining bonus.
' Wrote:Unlawfuls can mine traders.

You won't find a more profitable mining bonus.

:lol: Problem solved as wise man said
Pages: 1 2 3