Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Freelancer vs Vista (HEEEEELP!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. I can't connect to the server anymore. Error: Server currently shutting down (blah)
I already deactivated/shut down the firewalls and antivir-programs. No result.

2. It runs awfully slow, I tell ya. Back in the 90's my Athlon 800 with win98 gave me a better performance. Currently using an ATI X1200. Also using some bloody AMD dual core with 2gb ram.
The framerate seems to be stable, but the mouse has a delay of seconds! However, the delay gets shorter the more I turn my graphics towards "ugly".
I already tried to run it in win2k-mode.

Please help me out on this one.

Please don't ask why I'm havin' vista. Please don't ask why I'm using this lame hardware config. thanks.
Okay...somewhere in here is Dustin's tutorial...I don't know where it is.

*yells* DUSTIN! HELP THIS DUDE!

here it is: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9310
Well, seems I don't have to help, you did it for me.:P
done that, didn't help it.
What Antivirus are you using?
I know his feeling, I run if all fine and dandy. I just feel like I should get more out of an Nvidia8600 than what I am:P

None the less, Im still the oddball-vistalover. btw Dustin, I have a small problem, my desktop dissappeared. Start button, background, taskbar, icons, everything. the only way I can run anything is that when I log on My Documents pops up and I have to do everything from there (which I can, but its frustrating). My first though was "Virus" so I ran a cople of scans but came up with nothing. any ideas?
Did you try format?

it aways works for me:P
turn off windows defender
I haven't any antivirus program. defender and the walls are off and I even uninstalled my anti-spyware and cleared my reg afterwards. needless to say that I reinstalled FL.
try port forwarding, if worst comes to worst...
Pages: 1 2