Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mechwarrior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remembered some pen and paper saga called "mechwarrior"

In this game, the whole galaxy was populated by humans and there were no aliens or something around. Over the ages many empires where created and ripped apart. However, one thing always stayed the same: the clans. The clans were some really rough factions in a small region of the outer realms of the galaxy. over thousands of years, they lived in the constant state of war against each other. they enhanced them selves genetically over and over again and the only thing they researched for, where new weapons and technologies they had lost due to the merciless wars.

However, every few centuries ALL the clans formed an alliance and raided the inner sphere. they mostly had one target: terra. they caused the rich empires to collapse, and as they moved into the inner sphere like a chock, they started to fight over the the dead bodies of the old empires again and ended up to continue their blood feud, to be pushed back into the outer regions of the galaxy in decades.

Why am I coming up with that stuff? because the phantoms, the Wild and the RoS and even the SCRA reminded me of those clans: Deadly, Superior, always fighting, few in numbers.

just some thoughts ...

Well I'd have to disagree about the RoS being few in numbers, we have quite a few members but we tend not to swamp the competion(unless that happens while I'm not around:x)
' Wrote:Well I'd have to disagree about the RoS being few in numbers, we have quite a few members but we tend not to swamp the competion(unless that happens while I'm not around:x)

heh you're up late ben...

I like the deadly and superiour bit. I can agree with that, however, us ever allying with tose coalition scum, when they invaded our home of braillia??? never!!!
hm .... thinking of it ... the upper left corner of sirius is STILL empty. I think 4-6 system with a radical, hostile environment and some warlords wouldn't harm ...

(yea well they should actually - thats the point - you know what I mean.)
I play Mechwarrior the Wizkids game, Mechwarrior the Fasa/Microsoft game, MechAssault, and Classic Battletech.