Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: AH! Server went down while I had 4980 Gold Ore floating in space!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Server JUST went down and I had 4980 Gold Ore floating in space waiting to be picked up!

Is there anything that can be done? I take it the Gold Ore will be lost now, but that was about $70,000,000 credits! D:
I'm afraid not.
Damn it why did update 4 have to come online NOW!? aaaah!

...never mind...
Ouch.. and i mean that.. from the bottom of my red honking heart.

thats gotta sting. Then again i remember when that would happen..before the current mining mod. I lost quite a few clouds of scrap/niobium back int he day.
This is why you don't drop expensive amounts of ore in space.

Given that unattended floating items have a chance to disappear anyway...
It's all ok actually, I just checked my cargo hold and it was all there!:D

Plus Cannon is online, don't think I'll bother him though...:D
Yeah I can't really be sympathetic if you leave incredibly valuable stuff just lying around.

This reminds me of the Junkers back in the Penny mining days; crafty buggers would just cruise on past and hit B.

Worked a treat when you were the Junker.:D
I got disconnected right before the server went down a few hours ago and lost about 2 mil in elixirs (would have been closer to 10 mil when I sold it). Just part of the cost of doing business, you know?

Look at it this way, in real life (unless you're well-insured) if a tornado hits your semi full of vodka while you're eating at a rest stop you don't get compensated. It's unfair but generally it's a freak occurrence. On the plus side, with the server restarted you've got a fresh field to mine in.