Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade lane docking issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Title says most of what I need to say.

Any ship bigger than a freighter that I have had to dock with a trade lane seems to not want to dock with the ring, often stopping in place or flying off to the side and stopping. I have tried this on a couple ships, but my BWT, which usually does not have this problem is experiencing it just about every time docking, so I feel like this is worth noting.

I had a group member in that Rheinland container transport, and he says he cannot dock with lanes at all now.
I can dock with lanes on any ship now. maybe you need to fix your angle? or you have lag that somehow affects docking. or you simply quick-docking too late
I had the same problem with multiple ships like Kikatsu. NPCs makes another problem btw, since they are usually stuck in jump gates and couldnt move untill somebody kick their booty.
My BWT suffers the same thing, too. Quick-docking with lanes fails all the time, even F3 docking fails if I'm not in a straight line with the lanes' center.
But the gate-docking are awesome now
Same problems here, and the NPC stuck in the gatelines!!
' Wrote:I can dock with lanes on any ship now. maybe you need to fix your angle? or you have lag that somehow affects docking. or you simply quick-docking too late

Yes, docking still is possible but there are massive problems like stated a BWT normally doesn't have any issues with the trade lanes.
Same was for the Shukensha for example, she docked without any big problems too. But the update seems to have changed something that ships point BESIDE the trade lane or on a segment of the ring while on autodock.

So yeah, there seems to be some problem with the lanes...
I can confirm this for the Gallic lanes with a Pachyderme. It never got stuck, even at impossible angles. Now you need to put some effort into docking lanes. Bah, effort:(
I had problems entering tradelanes with a Pelican armored transport while doing missions on the UK server. If I clicked on the name of the waypoint in the lower left part of the screen, then hit F3, I couldn't enter the trade lane -- it would act like I had used F2 (this wasn't a case of me using the wrong key, as it happened too frequently if not consistently). I would have to click on the actual tradelane to use F3 and be able to enter it.
Go to cockpit view and then dock. It works perfectly fine then.
' Wrote:Go to cockpit view and then dock. It works perfectly fine then.
If that was intended for me, note that I always use cockpit view (except when I have to use turret view which wasn't the case here). The situation I described was while I was using cockpit view. Also, I've had the same problems that others have reported, even though I'm almost always in cockpit view when entering a trade lane (the rare exception is when I'm in turret view firing at somebody chasing me).
Pages: 1 2