Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Uncapping FPS in Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(12-29-2012, 05:04 PM)Sava Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone explain me what is this mouse lag, cus i don't know? Really. Just curious.

As for myself, the mouse lag causes my mouse to "slide" over my target, like it's on ice. For example: I want to click a snub, but when I stop the mouse, the pointer goes on for a bit, causing me to miss (or "overshoot") the target.
If you don't want mouse lag but don't want to use an unfair advantage against lower FPS players, use Dxtory to limit you to 60FPS.

It's simple, ~150 FPS players have advantage against players with lower FPS, and the players that force their FPS above 180 have an advantage against everyone.

Games such as Combat Arms and other mid level quality multiplayer games are swamped with FPS shovers that make them un-hittable when they box. It seems this is becoming more and more of a problem here in Disco as of late. Some people don't know they're doing it, others are clearly abusing it to it's maximum.
Well, I found out that my graphics adapter won't allow for this, and I guess many others are in the same situation. I think FPS should be strictly limited to 60 fps, so there's a level playing field for everyone - everyone will suffer the same mouse lag and whatnot, and pvp will be solely about skill, and not about gaining the upper hand through hardware tweaks.
Here's the movie shoving how does minor jittering may look like: link

Please pay attention to the moments when the player is starting to either thrust, reverse or strafe.

I'm not accusing anyone in being malicious, it just was a first good opportunity to record a movie since this thread started.
Alright, I have looked at my graphics... it is unbalanced this thing. If you just have Intel graphics, you cannot force the V-sync off. So you have 60 fps and you get kicked every PvP. Unless I can force Freelancer to disable its V-sync, I cannot get more fps.
protton

your on a notebook, please dont let me explain it to you again on how and why your not going to get a good experience and 120fps
(12-31-2012, 09:54 AM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]I think FPS should be strictly limited to 60 fps, so there's a level playing field for everyone

Agreed.
(05-05-2013, 07:01 PM)indy.miner1 Wrote: [ -> ]protton

your on a notebook, please dont let me explain it to you again on how and why your not going to get a good experience and 120fps

Data, is this Data? Well, I can tell you AGAIN that Freelancer is an old game. Damn Old. I can run new games (Like Crysis for example) with 80 fps so do not tell me I cannot get at least 80 fps with my system on FL aswell. It is the fault of Freelancer, for having the V-sync on the whole time with no way to set it off and the fault of the Intel drivers, that does not allow you to force V-sync off. It is not hardware functions setting the limit, it is the game and the driver.

If someone puts out a mod, that will unlock Freelancer fps, then all is alright. But like that, it is unfair for some people who do not have the money to set up a gaming PC just to play a 10 year old game.
Xenogaga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqjlG12x37o

And I got a few more.

gg.
In my opinion 60 fps is too less there is a bug with some gcard drives that makes your game unplayable with 60 fps. However 80 fps should be the limit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7