Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Uncapping FPS in Freelancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(05-05-2013, 10:02 PM)why_so_serious Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion 60 fps is too less there is a bug with some gcard drives that makes your game unplayable with 60 fps. However 80 fps should be the limit.

i second this. 80 fps should be okay.
Yo! Those who have 180fps, gimme 35-40fps so I can play at 60fps!

You people are complaining about 60fps. You should really play just 2 minutes from my crappy PC. I usually play at 40-45fps when capships are not present. With caphips around, I play at 25-30. When capships start to shoot, 13-15fps. So, don;t worry! It could be worse!
(05-06-2013, 01:07 AM)versatil Wrote: [ -> ]Yo! Those who have 180fps, gimme 35-40fps so I can play at 60fps!

You people are complaining about 60fps. You should really play just 2 minutes from my crappy PC. I usually play at 40-45fps when capships are not present. With caphips around, I play at 25-30. When capships start to shoot, 13-15fps. So, don;t worry! It could be worse!

40 - 45 fps when nothings shooting? You should try 25 ... theres a reason I avoid snub fights and prefer long range capital on capital warfare, they tend to be slow paced enough that fps lagg doesn't screw you over too much.
so whats the max that the server admins are going to allow, and if mine for eg by nature is 160-180 fps, are they going to supply a free program that can lower it?
Bumping this.
Using an ATI 5770 and I can't seem to unhinge the FPS on it. Makes me sad.
RadeonPro might help
Someone knows how to display the fps in freelancer?
download fraps
It looks like some smartass decided to remove the "Aggressive API detection" option in the newer versions of Radeon Pro.

Without that option the program just refuses to work with Freelancer. So I'm stuck with V-Sync turned on and the resulting unbearable mouse lag. It takes about 1/5th second for something to happen on the screen after moving the mouse.

Unfortunately, the older versions that work with Freelancer are incompatible with the newer R9 series GPUs.
Any ideas how to get rid of the V-Sync? Game is unplayable right now.
How you can play with over 60 fps I wonder? Microshuttering makes me sick with higher fpses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7