Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Three rule question / clarifications requested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, there are three specific rules that the interactions between these rules I have questions about, please.

First, the three rules in question are 5.3, 4.2, and 6.9

Quote:5.3 Characters that are level 29 and below are considered to be low ranked players and may only be attacked if at least one of the following conditions is met:

4.2 Official Player Factions and Guard IFF'd players for the NPC faction are free to tax, fine, pirate, and destroy any players who enter their respective guard systems.

6.9 You must follow the restrictions/allowances of your ID, as well as the diplomacy of the NPC faction it
represents. If your ID does not represent an NPC faction (generic IDs), then your reputation and conduct
must match the actions of your character. You must not dock at bases that your NPC faction is hostile to, or
attack allies of your NPC faction.

Note: IDs may contain restrictions/allowances which conflict with the rules. In these cases, the ID overrides
the rules.

Rule 5.3 has been re-written so that the civilian ID immunity has been removed. I know we've at times been playing such that Guard systems are owned and you can pretty well do whatever you want there. However, I'd like an actual clarification on whether or not - or when - rule 4.2 can and does supercede rule 5.3.

Also are there circumstances for certain ID's that can also override rule 4.2? By that, I'm specifically referring to those (few) ID's that can pretty well shoot whoever the hell they want - Nomads, Wild, and terrorists.

As an additional clarification regarding rule 5.3, I don't find it in the rules anywhere that these players are exempt from rule 3.3, or the in general RP requirements of the server. Anyone see that out there anywhere, and am I just missing it?
They are neither exempted from 3.3 nor from 1.1. Why should they?

The solution to handle low levels:

If possible: ignore them

If ignoring is impossible as they force you to interact with them, you can of course shoot them if it is in role play justified. Example: a CSV with a full load of cardamine sitting in front of a lawful base in house space. It refuses to drop it? Kill it. It enters a guard system to watch you training? Order it to leave or kill it.

Just make a screenshot of the proper role play behind it.

Any tries of said player to get you punished for a normal role play action will get him self-owned for malicious reporting and harming server game play.

This rule is mainly to protect them from piracy and "engage all red I see"-players.