Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In game music issue revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I loaded up a disco music file in my old GoldWave program, the Freelancer music had a format of:
22050 Hz Stereo and in Wave Microsoft ACM 4 Bit

I took a mp3 and saved it as a standard WAV then formatted it into the same format as the disco msic.
22050 Hz Stereo and in Wave Microsoft ACM 4 Bit

When the game plays it, it goes silent.

I found this one web site that deals with the same issue. They reffer to a Fraunhofer codec while normaly a LAME format is used.

Someone stated they were able to introduce the music into the game but it may be a simple use of the right program that can best format the music?

What programs do you use or is that link the best way to handle it?
Audacity, just play with the wav render settings until you get one that works.
I had it at one point, but the file size was atrocious.
Be wary though, one of the better codecs size wise seems to work okay at first glance (hear?) in game, but actually stutters.

I haven't worked out a way to get the same level of compression as the vanilla samples, but I imagine they were using some sort of in-house system.
16bit wav if i remember correctly....
Audacity, hmm. I'll try that. Some programs have default settings and I cant work around so i'll see if Oldversion.com has that program
Turn on music player of your choice, set up playlist, press play, go ingame -->options-->audio, and turn music off. = Profit?
No need! Audacity's native saved wave format works! Happy!

Now I can listen to Derezzed in bars and THIS when fighting in Rheinland!
So what songs are you adding to the game? And how? Basic tutorial vid requested.

DIET: OMG! Epic music!!! I am blown away!
And hear my voice? Someone said I sound like a character from the Big Bang Theory. The steps are very simple.

Download Audacity.
Install it, but for goodness sakes do an advanced install. Even if you select '€œdon'€™t install'€ options it still installs tons of crap.
Disable your LAN or wireless connection the moment your install is done.
Go into add remove and remove the crap it adds.
Now we can edit

Get your awesome MP3 like this.

MerryPoppins.mp3 ok there you go.

Look in the data/audio/music folder of your disco game. BE CAREFUL! I made the mistake of editing the vanilla music folders and tore my hair out wondering why no music changed. Look on your shortcut to Freelancer Disco by right-clicking on the icon and it will show you where the main directory is. You'€™ll find a data/audio/music folder there.

I use winamp as I can select all the music files and play them one at a time. I'€™m in Rheinalnd a lot so I look for the rh_bar1 and so forth.

If I were you Id zip all these music files and store them for back up. Sure you can pull the vanilla files from the other directory, but I loves my backups.

Order of operation.

1 Open Audacity
2 Open your MerryPoppins.mp3 into the program.
3 Click File-Export
4 The first option should be a wav format
5 Save it, to yet another directory you can easily get to
6 Copy the name of the original disco music file.
7 Go to the directory you saved the MerryPoppins.wav to
8 Right-click and rename it
9 Paste the Disco title into the Selected MerryPoppins.wav name and it should now rename it to the same as the disco music
10 MOVE the file into the data/audio/music folder, It will overwrite the existing file
Done.