Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to all,
i´m new here, tried a little bit 4.85 and now i want to join 4. 86. First step is done, but if i type in /restart<miner> nothing happens. Maybe i´m foolish but if someone could help me it would be very appreciated.

Miner only was for example as i´m more fascinated by some unlawful factions in the game.
Greetz, Carl
Welcome.

Try /restart miner. Without the < >. If not, check other restarts available. Typ in /showrestarts.
Hi there and welcome (back?) to Discovery.

Re-read the rules, see what's new and enjoy Disco.

One thing to bear in mind though is that not every faction has a /restart command.
Thanks a lot. I will try this without the . Hope it helps. See Ya in Space... :crazy:

Username removed

Welcome.
The correct command like others said is /restart miner
Again thanks - it worked...
But as i´m new here and i´m not sure to understand every aspect i have another question. I began again, in PS near erie with a freelancer ID, bought a rhino and some weaponry. Then i was informed about some equipment would be the wrong stuff, but i don´t no what. Where can i look for the stuff i need?
And while i was mining i was killed by a player with neutral color. I want to know, why someone can kill me without a word and neutral flag. No time to scan or anything makes no sense to me. And i have to admit i need some time to learn things before i can begin some serious RP.
So i hope it´s the right place here for asking these things.
Greetz, Carl
That was probably a tech nerf issue. You can't use all guns on every ship/id combination. Check this thread from chap called "Alley"

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=117424

This thread's got all the stuff you need to know regarding shooters. I have it on my favourites and check it regularily.
Thanks again!
Looks like i have to learn a lot before entering the space again (no civilian ID anymore for example). I´ve only played 4.85 for short, and 4.86 looks very different... :unsure:
What i´m looking for is some stuff like the tech chart on google cause this was something i was able to understand. :$
I´ll give it a try but will come back later with the next questions... :wacko:
Greetz, Carl - deadkitten

EDIT: so i found an issue with the zoner turrets on the ship. But where can i look if i want to know whether some stuff is right for me or not? :(
I´ve read something about the colours but didn´t find anything to get information about this...
' Wrote:And while i was mining i was killed by a player with neutral color. I want to know, why someone can kill me without a word and neutral flag.

Someone can. But it's against the rules and is sanctionable.

' Wrote:EDIT: so i found an issue with the zoner turrets on the ship. But where can i look if i want to know whether some stuff is right for me or not? :(
I´ve read something about the colours but didn´t find anything to get information about this...

I assume you don't have a Zoner ID & Zoner IFF. That is why your Rhino has a tech nerf.
If you don't want the nerf, I suggest getting civilians weapons ie: Starbeams, Stunpulses, Flashpoints, Debilitators, Bluebell chain guns, Eco chain guns, Wildfire chain guns and Purple Goddess chain guns.

Oh and welcome to Discovery.
Thanks Zynth, this is a very helpful list.
For now i have a FL-ID, as i´ve seen it´s the new beginner ID for all. But if i come to any station where i can buy equipment or ships i can´t see what of this is useful or good. So i would really appreciate some stuff like the old 4.85 tec chart as it were a lot easier for beginners to find the right solution as it is in the moment.

To the other thing: sanctionable or not - every player on the server should know that it´s really fun to play with 200 other people together. It´s not helpful to frighten newbies from the server cause of selfish behavior. If something like this happens to often, people will be scared. What´s more boring than empty servers for a fantastic game? As i see it needed two years of work for the modding team to release the possibly best freelancer mod: so it should be every´s players interest to support team and community to keep this game alive.

Best, Carl
Pages: 1 2