Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Taylor McKinnis' Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I'm the player behind Taylor... As the title implies. I usually go by HueyP. I'm new to the game and the server, and looking forward to getting to know people. Just been playing FL for a few days, I found a link somewhere or another and when I downloaded it, I fell in love. So glad to see other people still play, and they RP! Woo!

I'm always up to learn something new, or try something new, or get involved in RP, so let me know what we can do together. :cool:

I'm attaching a Faction app I just did, so you guys can learn about Taylor as well.

***Incoming Transmission***

ID:
Taylor McKinnis

Birthplace:
New London, New London Planet

Short bio:
Having been orphaned early in life, left to fend for my sister and myself at the age of 12, I've always been a survivor. Mum and Da weren't much of anybody, and when they died in a transport attack, only my sister and I cared. At first we survived on the streets. After a time, we were surviving in a little motel room. One day we were surviving by selling odds and ends we had found that we thought might have some value. A tall, handsome man stopped a few meters away, and leaned against the wall. He seemed to be watching me, hawking my wares. I decided to put on a bit of a show. When I was done showing off, I looked to see if the stranger was still there. He was, and I noticed he seemed very out of place, with his large stylish coat and expensive looking hat and shoes. Everyone one the sidewalk was giving him a wide berth. Being the child that I was, I was thinking how fortunate it was that no one else had picked his pocket yet, when the man approached. He stopped and said a few soft words to my sister, handing her a sweet from his pocket. He then marched over to me.
"You're a most remarkable salesman, young man. Where is your father, so that I may congratulate him?"
I was immediately wary. It wasn't unusual for street orphans to go missing in the slums, and him asking about my father put my back up.
"He's down the block. Eating lunch."
The man eyed the street carefully, then leaned towards me. In a conspiratorial voice he said "Young man, my name is Lord Thomas McKinnis. I tell you this quietly because if the wrong ears heard it, I may well be killed."
He stood back up again, and considered me for a long moment. "Now, since I've shared something secret and important with you, why don't you do the same for me?"
There was a terrible moment of indecision. Street orphans don't trust easily or often. Looking into Lord McKinnis' face, I felt somehow comforted, and I made the best decision of my entire life just then. "We don't have a father, m'Lord."
"Oh?"
"He died, when we was younger. With my mum."
Lord McKinnis stood there for a moment more. Seemingly coming to a decision, he swept my sister and I along the street, saying "come now, children. You'll be wanting a good meal and a bath."

From that moment on, we were Lord McKinnis' children. The Lord had never been married, and he had no siblings with whom he could share the joy of children, so I think he very much enjoyed our company. In less than a year, we were officially adopted. He taught me many things, over the next several years. Negotiation, tactics, management. The most important thing he taught me was how to trust.

Lord McKinnis died last year, and it's time I start my own story. I have chosen not to inherit my father's title or estate. I've let that all go to my dear sister, who deserves that much and more. Instead I will forge my own path through the stars, and into the history books.

Experience:

I've sat in on many negotiations with my father, as well as having been trained at a top academy for Pilot Instruction. This will be my first time captaining my own vessel.

Ships flown:

I learned to fly on a Clydesdale class freighter.

Positions wanted:

Trader.
[color=#FFFFFF]Go Bowex, I'm sure Jamie will be happy to see a Clydesdale pilot. Besides it looks like you've got the arcane art of Aaaar Peee covered so, enjoy the ride

+yo
Or you could try out ALG Waste Disposal, if you care about the nature.:cool:Just a bunch of tree hugging hippies, but in suits instead of socks and sandals.

Username removed

Welcome.
Hey there! You picked a good moment to join the server.
Surf on the new wave of activity thats sweeping thru the universe right now!
Sure the guys that play in Brietowniea are glad as well to see a new face.
Hello, and if you wanna you can try in for ex:

Interspace Commerce or Samura or Bowex.

Interspace Commerce is good but there is not much player, in Samura of course - there are many and in Bowex.

But it's your choise, and i say one more time - Hello in Discovery.
yooooo bro
enjoy your stay
' Wrote:[color=#FFFFFF]Go Bowex, I'm sure Jamie will be happy to see a Clydesdale pilot. Besides it looks like you've got the arcane art of Aaaar Peee covered so, enjoy the ride
+yo
Yup, it always makes me (sun).

In any case, I'm glad you decided to give us a try. Bowex is the largest trade <strike>family</strike>faction around, and I'll do my best to make sure the factions keeps getting bigger and better for every single member.
HOLA WELCOME TO DISCO:D
Ahoy there new pilot.
Glad to have you aboard.

Uhm... weclome to Discovery.:)
Pages: 1 2