Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: History Field Trip to Germany!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm going to Germany for a history field trip for 10 days starting from 31st May.

I'll be going to places such as <strike>New</strike> Berlin, Potsdam, <strike>Planet</strike> Nuremburg and Munich.
I'll also be going to Prague in Czechoslovakia.

So tell me. What should I be on the look out for when I'm in Germany? How's the weather during that time? What local food should I try? Do people in Germany know English as well? Any etiquette I must know so as to not insult the local populace?

Could also use some tips on basic German. Basic communications skills such as "How much?" and "How do I get to such-and-such?" always come in handy.
Hit me up on skype if you want.
I don't have your Skype. My Skype's in my profile.
' Wrote:

Don't deny the holocaust either.
' Wrote:

I know I know.

Saying "Heil Hitler" in Germany will have you lynched by an angry mob.

I sure hope the blur people in my school won't do anything funny. I have a classmate who believed that people in Germany revere Hitler as a hero. I told her if she said that in Germany, she'll be swamped by an angry mob.
Quote:I'll also be going to Prague in Czechoslovakia.

How about learning that it's Czech Republic, last 20 years.

I live in Prague by the way.
Has anyone seen the link attached to it? It's one of the classics...
' Wrote:How about learning that it's Czech Republic, last 20 years.

I live in Prague by the way.

Sorry....

I'm living in the past. I didn't get the itinery yet. The teacher mentioned "Czech". I remembered "Czechoslovakia" for some reason.
' Wrote:Sorry....

I'm living in the past. I didn't get the itinery yet. The teacher mentioned "Czech". I remembered "Czechoslovakia" for some reason.
[color=#FFFFFF]No worries then I'm sure the people in the DDR will be most welcoming
Pages: 1 2 3