Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a reminder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm gonna log in tomorrow to repay some debts and that's it. For the present time. Life... Life surely is funny sometimes:)

Some kind of red lump appeared on my skin. No vital organs near it but... it doesn't look good. The thing is, it didn't appear over night. I've been ignoring it for couple of years, discarding it as some skin reaction. It's nothing, I thought. Yes, that's stupid. Anyway, lately it started to change and I finally went to a doctor. Doctor didn't like what he saw. It reminds him on something... [plays dramatic music in background]... Something really bad. I won't even type the word.

Of course, that's just his hypothesis. Yay! There's no way to be sure. For now. I'm going it to have to do some damn biopsy this week or the next. It's a process where they take a portion of your skin and analyse it. After that, I'm gonna have to wait for 2 lovely weeks for the lab results. Those results will determine the next step.

All my everyday-life processes are currently halted. I'm already freaked out, that's for sure. I sleep and eat regularly but that grey cloud of What-IF is always above my head. I'm watching Star Trek TNG for whole day long just to keep myself distracted. I'm really not sure how to behave. Maybe I'm over-reacting but the doctor said what he said. I can't just pretend that he's incompetent.

I hate hospitals. Yes, everyone does but I really despise hospitals. I've never been sick. I'm 30 years old and I definitely didn't expect anything similar for at least 20 years or so:)I've told my girlfriend, sister and uncle about this predicament and that'll probably stay that way. My mom would die of worry is she finds out so I intend to keep it secret away from her. Also, see no need to advertise... IT... around to my friends or something. Looking for support? Screw that crap. What's the damn point. In the end, this could simply be nothing. A false alarm. Some skin rash. And I'd be back soon to make your imaginative lives miserable in this imaginative universe.

The point of this thread is not me informing you of my drama. You guys have no faces so that makes everything a whole lot easier. The point is...

Money, career, social status... Any dreams that you might have had which will never be realized... It doesn't really matter. It's all so irrelevant. If you're healthy, and the people around you, who matters to you, are healthy too -- BE F-ING HAPPY. Just be happy. All that will end one day so cherish the moments while they last. Maybe you think you already know this, like I thought did. But days stretching from one week to another, the stupid everyday routines makes one forget about what's really important.

I'll update this thread when I get my lab results. See you when I see you. Safe flights:)

P.S. To hell with all that "GL, I support you, man" posts. This is not about that. Think of this as a reminder. So get reminded:)Go do something nice for yourselves and/or your loved ones. Or go plant a tree or something. I was thinking of doing just that.
Wrote a post,then deleted it after remembering this shouldn't be another "GL,i support you man post"

But i have to say that i believe everything is going to be ok and hang on man.

Going to plant a tree and live my ****ing day like it is last day on Earth now!
You're a cool guy, and my thoughts are with you man. Even though you said to hell with the "GL" stuff, I feel for you, since I've had a similar moment in my life, I don't see why I wouldn't wish you good luck.

Hope it's a false alarm, cheers.
Beautiful post for a ugly situation.
Ya don't wanna hear it, but take care bro.
Well... Yeah it's a bit -difficult- to say anything different from "GL, I support you, man", but, I'd say, thanks for reminding us what's one of the most important things in our life.
You know how to pull the best out of a bad situation, and what truly counts in life. An enviable skill. I really hope for you that it seems worse than it actually is. Cheers man.
Life is too overrated to ignore your wishes and your amusement. If things go towards a direction you are not willing to see, smile when you face the unavoidable. No matter the result, the feeling of being the winner against the unbeatable is satisfactory.
You've no freaking debts with this community. You've added something new, and you've had fun while we did aswell. The few days I passed with you were epic.

Just wanted to clear the point. You've no debts at all. And you better keep this way! As wonderful as always!.
Yeah, you're screwed. Those few cells are definitely going to combine and eat all of your mind, body, and soul, leaving only a greasy spot on the floor when they're done.

Now, before the community raises up their pitchforks at me, let me ask you a couple of questions.

Are you a fighter?
Are you going to take whatever is thrown at you, stare it in the face, and fight back as hard as you can?
Or are you just going to roll over, crawl in a corner, and hide from the boogie monster?

If you're the kind of man I think you are, you're going to start snarling your teeth, get your attitude straight, and scream defiance at this. Not going to say that you're going to win - but if you don't, you're damn well going to make sure that it knows you've been in the fight.

Let me know via Skype if you need anything by way of pep-talk, or if you need some of the contacts I have that may have dealt with your situation.

Oh, and the reason Carl sounds like such an unfeeling bastard? Not because I am, on the contrary.

I'm a 27 year survivor. Testicular carcinoma metastized into the stomach and lungs. And my wife is a 12 year survivor, metastatic lymphatic breast.

Yeah, it's tough as hell to maintain a positive attitude. We got your back, and we'll provide the motivating ass kickings as needed.
I would be lying if I said I know what your going through, but I want to reply to this because it is something important.

I do know exactly what it's like to not want to think about something looming over you, finding distraction in Games and Films... ¬_¬

I am in a rather dark place myself, I am underweight and find eating and feeding myself a chore and inconvenience, a lot of real life has been put on hold for me as I try to overcome my own Problems, I also have Aspergers which makes things 10x worse.

It's good to hear the positive in your post Joker, I also like this Alias you've chosen, and only when someone truly faces something scary that there whole perception of life changes, and for the better.

There are things we like to think of as important or meaningful, and a lot of them are, I have enjoyed my time spent on Discovery and it has even led to some strange encounters, made some friends, maybe some 'enemies' and things like this come along.

Worrying over health and your physical body is the bane of living, So yeah, **** the whole "Hope your ok, my thoughts are with you" that's not what you need, it's not what this is about, it's about perspective and in my words saying "**** you life, you aint' got me beat yet, I wanna see what happens next!".

The world is an amazing place and it is awesome, humans are awesome, you are awesome!
Pages: 1 2