Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transport Solarises and Cerberuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Klaus Lange

As in description.

Caps have solaris and cerberus turrets, snubs have wildfires,purples, and much more stuff. Only transports have very small turret choice, maybe add new types of turrets? It'll also help (a bit, but always) transports in their fight against snubs.
More selections would be nice

But we have a Solaris and Cerb turret on the transport... the Type 4 and Type 2.

Well it is called a Dulzian, but only because in game a Dulzian is just a slightly nerfed Solaris gun.

Klaus Lange

Slightly nerfed with almost half less refire rate.
I just mean the Codename Solaris only does 4 more HP damage per hit than the Dulzian.

Turreted versions of the gun are just all over the map in terms of performance.
But double the DPS.

Transports at the moment have 4 main types of weapons:
Type 1, which is a 600m/s pulse gun.
Type 2, which is a 600m/s hullbuster with high DPS.
Type 3, which is a 800m/s hullbuster with balanced DPS.
Type 4, which is a 1500m/s hullbuster with low DPS, shorter range and high energy consumption.

Most attack transports use type 1 and type 2 mixed. Most solo traders tend to use type 4's to drive off the occasional poorly skilled pirate. None of these guns are very good at anything but a supportive role however. All small transport turrets use the Type 3 stats. We'll see about adding some variety in 4.87 at the earliest.

Klaus Lange

' Wrote:I just mean the Codename Solaris only does 4 more HP damage per hit than the Dulzian.

Turreted versions of the gun are just all over the map in terms of performance.

Right now fighting against transports is much more safe. Too safe. Transports with Dulzians 5.05 refire rate would have more chances against snubs.
Point is, as I recall, Transports are still meant not to be able to defend themselves against pirates with odds matching other PvP situations.

Also, Turret T'3 are still the most effective ones to use, in my opinion.

Klaus Lange

' Wrote:Point is, as I recall, Transports are still meant not to be able to defend themselves against pirates with odds matching other PvP situations.

Also, Turret T'3 are still the most effective ones to use, in my opinion.

Right, they shouldn't be able to defend themselves. But they should have although minimal chances.

EDIT: We already have gunboat-killing battletransports and battlefreighters. Is that transports should be? What is more common, pirate gunboats or snubs?
They do have ''minimal chances'', obviously.

One just has to fly and use the transport rightly. Type 3's are really effective, when it comes to simply defend a transport while escaping to the next base on thruster speed.
I'd love to see "unlawful transport turrets", having red light effects. (Me thinks of RHA BS turrets.)
And I miss the fighter turrets on my transports...

Pirate train with Belials! (rock)
Pages: 1 2